India Post Updates

I still find it quite interesting the way they operate, the boxes traveled between two cities, start and destination much faster than normal courier delivery but at the last leg they just gave up. There was an corporate customer section in the website i do not know if something like Amazon counts as a corporate customer and they do deliver the stuff to your doorstep.

My thinking has always been these guys can reach remote places where other courier guys won't and they operate like other govt. services like govt banks or bsnl providing the services to both rural and urban. Not bad to send documents or letters through them i mean they can easily deliver on cycles or on foot, they are on par other courier outlets providing same services with tracking at cheaper rates.

few years ago one would have understood that they did not make much money so they could not provide better resources to the last mile delivery people. but now they are probably making more money than ever before because of the online shopping boom. even now the postman assigned to my area comes on a bicycle. they could easily make his life easy by providing him with an electric scooter. no sir. that would be blasphemy. even the bsnl guy who came to fix my wiring once came on a vintage moped. it's sad really.

the post office i go to has just two people. one computer. one almirah. and guess what... they accept speed posts for just 3.5 hours in entire day. i was told to come between 10am-1pm or 1:30pm to 2pm. even though official timings are way past 2pm. the guys were in office when i visited them 2 days ago at 3:15pm. they flatly refused to take my package telling me that they shut down their deliveries for the day on the computer at 3pm and there is no way they can take my package. i had to make the trip again the next day.

i would have sent the documents through courier while coming back home. but couldn't because government offices do not accept proof of delivery from private companies. so i am forced to deal with these bastards.

I do not get the sad state of affairs on most of the govt. services. While their presence is necessary to keep in check private players but they are not being run efficiently. My own experience with bsnl, landline the connection was down for 3 months even after complaining to pg portal still took weeks to get it back working. They claimed new cable has been installed. Had it been a private they may or may not have bothered installing new cable. I also see increasing number of people working on contracts for govt. services or stuff getting outsourced probably because govt. cannot full time employees and pay them rates of the seventh pay commission, these may improve few things but waste of everything invested in getting things up and running.

when i had bsnl connection (this was 2-3 years ago), i was told by one of their guys that they have fibers acquired lying with them for months in their godown for my sector. but no one wants to get on with the installation. not sure if he was just joking or serious because that fiber has still not arrived in my sector lol.

seeing this thread reminded me about my earphones which I sent for warranty to sennheiser bangalore . speed post was cheap, just 40rs for 400gms? from hyd to bangalore.

it reached bangalore today morning. 2 days. more like 1 and half day. not bad tbh.

coming to user experience, it was crowded as F. I thought someone died inside but turned out most of the people there were for india post banking purposes. speed post line was shorter and I got my turn in 5 mins.

i do hope that they launch a proper online store. i regularly order ganga jal from their website and the whole UI of the website is painful. unusable on a mobile device. though thankfully, all deliveries have been made without any issues.

the section where you order gangajal is the same fucked up mess.

0nVxmYk.png

it's a miracle that it has not failed for me yet 😀 have ordered multiple times.

I dont know if this register complaint feature was already present.

But I have filed one minor complaint. Its not so important but small issue.

Lets see if I get response or not.

Update:
Wow just checked the complaint status after posting above.

They indeed addressed the complaint and gave proper reply. (i.e. take proper documents to concerned post office)

Although issue is not solved but I am impressed I got reply within 4-5 hours.

so i have a package from Amazon stuck with india post for the last two days. both days they posted on the tracking page that no one answered the call. which is stupid. what option do i have to complain about this?

tracking number is AW712277912IN. post office shown on the tracking page is pretty far away. indiapost website does not even load at my end right now.

2nOJxi2.png

Dundahera post office is like 10KM from my house. Order has the same pin code that I use on all my orders so either I have been using the wrong pin code for the last 15 years or india post fucked up and sent it to the wrong post office.