India Post Updates

Stamp is a mode of payment. Not an alternative to the tracking stickers. They will paste the sticker and give you a receipt copy as usual. This is just done to save the hassle of carrying coins. This is a common practice. At least in this area. We always have shortage of coins.

Postage payment:
  1. Retail customers can pay postage for availing the services either in the form of postage stamps or Cash or through franking.

Nice. I should try it next time I am speed posting something. Government was also planning to release stamps that could be used on RTI applications as fees. I wonder what happened to that!

my bounced package has still not arrived. i guess i would need to collect all documents for the rti again and waste another postal order.

I spoke with a senior staff of DOP , Tech department . It will take few months for those features to start rolling out. As of now, it's in Mysuru district of Karnataka only. It will be rolled out in a phased manner to surrounding districts in coming days and then nation wide roll out. They have to change all softwares in Post Offices. Then everything will be done online. Just like on demand courier services / FedEx. Online payments for booking articles.

Everything will be done and managed by Tata Consultancy Services.
------
They have updated the website. Confirms my previous post.

Source

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pa...p9btyMkah49n5o4ASfYkStj4wx+s6bAFanDOMFoQ/vg1w

OT - How much time does it take for a package to be delivered if sent by Registered A/D?

I had booked a package to be sent to an address in my own city on 26.08.16 but the website has no information about the package after 27.08.16.

Registered Articles should be delivered in 1-2 days. Make a complaint in social media. Especially Twitter.

One advice to everyone - Get acknowledgement for Registered articles by paying ₹3 extra and for Express Parcel and Speed Post ₹10 extra. Extremely value for money.

You will get guaranteed delivery confirmation even if the tracking is not updated.

Got acknowledgement. Package was delivered on 30.08.16

Not updated on website. 😀

IndiaPost mobile website uses an untrusted certificate.

ooFPQJi.png

i am confused though. there is no issue on firefox on windows. firefox does not use windows' list. chrome use windows' list. so even if microsoft had approved of this certification authority, firefox on windows should still be showing the same error that chrome is showing on android.