India Post Updates

You can get them printed with your own photo on them.

For just Rs 300, leave stamp of yourself with India Post - Times of India

The article mentions that they can be ordered online. The postagestamps.gov.in is so bad that I cannot really locate the relevant section. I did find this though: Postage Stamps:: Postage Stamps,Stamp issue calender 2014, Paper postage, Commemorative and definitive stamps, Service Postage Stamps, Philately Offices, Philatelic Bureaux and counters, Mint stamps (unused stamps)

Even speedpost tracking is broken right now. Links appear to have been broken as well. Click any link on google search result right now and it's 404. Freaks.

Track Consignment

Share your tracking ID if you don't mind. I can open link in fact I opened my link before posting.
6BKKk0.jpg

so they are showing the new site to random users? strange.

anyhow. tracking worked. they appear to have no plans to return my package to me.

RbtG.jpg

No idea about redirection as I rarely open that website and I have no tracking ID to track. I have always used that link to track my packages and it always worked for me.
Coming to speed post these guys use amazing routing algo. to deliver products that ultimately make delays 😀. Wait for few more days they will deliver to you

they have launched a new website this week. if you can manage to open the piece of shit.

LqmR.jpg

IndiaPost account facility is coming up. Signup > Select service to use> Enter address details> Make payment> Print shipping labels and finally schedule pickups or drop off at Post Office. There is return to sender, reroute, franking etc facilities coming up as per website. Would love to get packing supplies from them like USPS.

There are lot of bugs, spelling and grammar mistakes. Homepage slider graphics, few color combinations here and there are very poor. Not to forget the fact that the website is still not responsive.

If Tata Consultancy Services and India Post could fix all these issues, it could be a game changer for India Post. They are inexpensive, very responsive to complaints and from past few weeks, delivery timing has been on par (if not better) with private players. At least for me.

MoCT is working hard to improve India post. All post offices are being linked through CORE banking and all saving bank accounts are converted commercial bank type accounts. ATM cards are being issued.

WHAT IS A STANDING ORDER? (Deposit account)
Stamps are released on various dates according to the annual stamp program. Often, it may not be possible to keep track of new releases. It may also happen that some of the popular issues may be sold out soon after receipt. This may lead to disappointment for many collectors since as per convention philatelic stamps are never reprinted. To avoid these difficulties and make stamp collecting hassle free, standing order facility has been introduced.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you become a standing order account holder, every time there is a new release, philatelic material as per your order will be reserved for you and will be dispatched to you every month by registered post. All you have to do is fill up the application form along with the payment. You can subscribe this on behalf of someone else too and surprise him/her.

They are introducing e-version of this service. Extremely useful for collectors (there are a lot of them). I think you can also get normal stamps delivered to your location based on certain time intervals like each month.

You can also use stamps to book Speed Post or Registered articles. I usually buy few sheets of stamps together. Whenever I want to send documents through Registered Letter/Speed Post, all I do is paste the stamps on the envelope and hand over at post office. Saves me from the burden of carrying change.

speed post can be sent using stamps? here they have stickers with barcode printed on them and we pay cash.