India Post Updates

I always get via bluedart

Last edited:
On eBay too I had quite a lot items delivered via IPS

You guys generalised too soon.

It's IPS which is begging for work and companies are obliging to some extent.

Ebayers will get 30 - 40 % IPS delivery too

Every time anything has to be delivered by Indian post they just don't deliver it, fucking tracking doesn't update on time and suddenly it is update next day and it will show either returned or delivered (not actually delivered).

The staff is arrogant and rude like classic sarkari karamchari they don't give a damm

Did complained on their site, pg portal but still nothing no response its been more than a week it reached the local post office and showing as delivered but actually my stuff has not been delivered to me. What to do it is really important ?

not a single time they do their work properly

CAG report in newspaper States Speed Post is more reliable than courier companies when it comes to delivery of packages!

I have been using Indian Post since long time. Its really more reliable then Private companies specially Speed post. Cost of Speed post is also very low compared to Private couriers.

Private courier was asking me to 300 Rs for Delivery from Delhi to Navi Mumbai. I paid 30 Rs to Indian post. Task done.

Just recently I sent registered post to Tamil Nadu from here in Delhi. Cost just 30 Rs. post delivered on time (within Week). Private courier was asking 500 Rs.

Yes Speed post can take time specially when its inter state mail. But it does get there.

I sent speed post to Pune for PAN card. Took them 10 days to deliver. But task was done. And status of post delivery was correctly displayed online. I thought 10 days was too much. But then Private courier was promising to deliver in 3-4 days with 10 times the delivery charges.

Regarding attitude of Sarkari Babus. Yes, that can be a problem. Only thing you can do is talk to them politely & hopefully your work will be done.

Remember, you just need to send a post. Its not some complicated Broadband speed problem which you have to explain to illiterate sarkari babu at BSNL.

Edit - I forgot to mention. Sending Speed post is easier than receiving it. Because if mail consists of some important document like Passport/License/Cheque then you have to bribe local postman. (Chai Paani)

My local postman is a scoundrel. In case your local postman hasn't delivered your goods. immediately go to your local Post office to make inquiry. Meet the senior officer in charge if you have to.

The local postman here is a pretty nice chap. But still, I don't risk important stuff with India Post. No way.

Which courier asks 500 for documents? I have sent docs in eve which have been delivered next day morning through bluedart

I had to send PAN card application to Pune. Private courier near my home asked 500 Rs to deliver it in 3 days. And 300 Rs to deliver in 5 days.

which private courier company asked you 500 for sending pan card application :whew:

I have used dtdc, bluedart and few less known companies to deliver packages say upto 100gm or so to mumbai, tamilnadu never had to pay more than 60.

and on topic: bank has sent some docs using registered or speedpost so i don't have a choice,earlier also they messed up my cheque delivery after a lot of complaints it was delivered to me after 2 months which I had to get cancelled and all the time wasted in the mess costed me more than 500

Last edited:
I had to send PAN card application to Pune. Private courier near my home asked 500 Rs to deliver it in 3 days. And 300 Rs to deliver in 5 days.

You can always give it to nearby Karvy center!

Just Rs.105 or so including PAN application fees!

No courier charges plus OFFICIAL acknowledgment of application.

I was tracking my item everyday for a week just one day I missed cause their site was not working and boom next day its fucked up

Right. I pay FedEx, 180-200 for next day delivery from Mumbai to Gurgaon.

So, 500 does seem preposterous. Which courier was it?

OT but helpful

For those who do not want to spend on courier charges on sending PAN application form.

You can always submit it to nearby PAN center.

Link: https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tin-pan-center.php

Either submit it to TIN FC center or to exclusive PAN center.

Just make sure its paper form and not online application form. Online application you have to send directly to pune.

You are right. After i sent my PAN form, i came to know that there is nearby office where i can deposit application form with 100 Rupee fee.

Nevertheless my job was done. I received my PAN after some days of sending my application.

About Private Courier service. I don't remember their name.

I recently had to send some documents to Gurgaon from Delhi. They asked me 80 Rs with promised delivery within 2 days. They asked me for 150 Rs with promised delivery by next day.

This is too much. Gurgaon is less than 50 Km from my home.