India Post Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
August :!speak_no_evil_monkey:

Sai

Regulars
Registered Articles should be delivered in 1-2 days. Make a complaint in social media. Especially Twitter.

One advice to everyone - Get acknowledgement for Registered articles by paying ₹3 extra and for Express Parcel and Speed Post ₹10 extra. Extremely value for money.

You will get guaranteed delivery confirmation even if the tracking is not updated.

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Got acknowledgement. Package was delivered on 30.08.16

Not updated on website. :D

Sai

Regulars
Yup. TCS should have outsourced website development work. It's definitely not their area of expertise.

Sushubh

Administrator
i am confused though. there is no issue on firefox on windows. firefox does not use windows' list. chrome use windows' list. so even if microsoft had approved of this certification authority, firefox on windows should still be showing the same error that chrome is showing on android.

Sushubh

Administrator
For example... rtionline.gov.in does not work in Firefox on Windows because the certificate issued is not recognized globally. Microsoft appears to have approved it on its own probably because Indian government asked them to. So IE/EDGE/Chrome does not show any errors.

Sai

Regulars
India Post has revised international snail mail charges. Should try sending one to brother in US. Maybe delivered in like 2 months x'D

Source

varkey

Regulars
i am confused though. there is no issue on firefox on windows. firefox does not use windows' list. chrome use windows' list. so even if microsoft had approved of this certification authority, firefox on windows should still be showing the same error that chrome is showing on android.
They are using a certificate issued by a well trusted certifying authority, however the problem is that its not installed correctly. The certificates issued to websites are not actually signed by the root certificate present in the browser/OS certificate stores, but by an intermediate certificate which in turn is signed by the root certificate in the trust stores.

A properly configured website would include the intermediate certificate also, which would allow the browser to validate the certificate chain and establish trust, thereby avoiding the warning. Unfortunately the intermediate certificate is missing for this site.

However the certificate is just one of the many problems, Qualys SSLLabs gives the site an F rating due to insecure configuration -- SSL Server Test: www.indiapost.gov.in (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Sushubh

Administrator
i do hope that they launch a proper online store. i regularly order ganga jal from their website and the whole UI of the website is painful. unusable on a mobile device. though thankfully, all deliveries have been made without any issues.

Sushubh

Administrator
the section where you order gangajal is the same fucked up mess.

it's a miracle that it has not failed for me yet :D have ordered multiple times.