• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,090

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
occupant safety should not be the priority concern over or against pedestrian or two-wheeler safety.
Most likely it will be delayed to next year.

gadkari ji on a mission to make cars unaffordable to an even larger segment of the indian population bringing relief to the pollution problem. bs6 had made cars expensive enough. this would probably add another lakh to the cost of the cars.

and since replacing airbags costs a lot of money... people would be even more careful driving around their cars to avoid opening them up with minor accidents. this would further improve road safety.

Last edited:
Also, insurance cost will be much higher. Although in most of the insurance, airbags are not covered.

Happy? They'll increase the price and market the hell out of it. India's safest and top selling car maker.

lol. airbags won't magically fix the low build quality of maruti cars. they would still probably perform poorly in european safety tests.

i am still waiting for musical horns. my ears are so sensitive to loud noises. i have to plug my ears walking down the road because bikers for no reason would blow their horn just as they are passing you even if i am walking on the side of the road with no indication that i might cross the road. i mean just do a single press. but nope.

But you also know, indian roads are filled with idiots. Some would be walking with headphones in their ears and will just cross the road without checking.

Why would they cite European standards for marketing in India? It's safe, because air bags. Kafi hai.

Most likely won't be implemented. Drafts like this have come and disappeared into oblivion.

Where did you get that from?

it’s up to 8 based on the article

M1 vehicle category refers to passengers cars with a maximum of eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat and includes hatchbacks, sedans, MUVs and SUVs.