• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,820

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
India, Pakistan set to play five bilateral series over next 8 years - IBNLive
Batting for the resumption of Indo-Pak cricketing ties, PCB chief Shaharyar Khan on Sunday said that Pakistan are ready to host a series in the UAE in December.
The series, which will involve three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s, is part of the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed between the two boards in 2014 and Shaharyar is keen to abide by it.
"We resume the India-Pak series in UAE. This is the re-beginning of the revival of Indo-Pak cricket. The series will start in December as per schedule and it will comprise three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s. The preparation is on in full swing. We have to overcome the final hurdle," Shaharyar told reporters after meeting BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya.
Thanking his Indian counterpart for playing a pro-active role in trying to resume the most sought-after rivalry in world cricket, Shaharyar said his association with Dalmiya goes back a long way.

India-Pakistan series hits a roadblock over broadcast rights - IBNLive
BCCI is not happy with it as The Essel Group is planning to launch an alternative cricket body within India as well as globally.
According to reports, BCCI has said that it will play with Pakistan only if the matches are not aired by Ten Sports.
Besides some BJP MPs have also objected Cricket series with Pak.

Govt can block Pak team from coming to India, but I doubt if govt can block Indian team travelling to UAE to play series with Pak.
Besides unless there is war-like situation, govt may not take extreme step of blocking Indian team to travel to play.

From my understanding the stand of the government after the mumbai attack was that no cricket series till Pakistan does something about terrorists on their land.

Pakistan , shouldn't be given anything that helps their economy . Cricket sure will . I am surprised where did Modi's tough stand on Pakistan went after J&K elections .

😀 So I guess now the entire Indian Cricket Team is being told to move to Pakistan...

Last edited:
India-Pakistan series appears difficult - Thakur

BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur has all but ruled out the India-Pakistan series, given the short window ahead of India's limited-overs tour of Australia, which begins on January 12.

"It's 19th already and even if a decision comes in the next week, it might not be possible to host a series in such short notice," Thakur said at the press conference in Delhi, where the ODI and T20 squads for the tour of Australia were announced.

I suspect this was more of a response to a query from reporter... The press conference was mainly about squad for the Aussie tour.