India Orders VPN Companies to Collect and Hand Over User Data

• Thread starter Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 182
  • Views Views 15,880
Considering how many scams happen in India every single day, I can understand where the government is coming from. This is a sticky situation 🫠

are you saying that government would use this data to go after scammers? i mean how many scammers are in jail who send fake kyc links on unencrypted sms?

My friend in the IT cell (the real one) has actually caught many scammers who are actively committing Paytm frauds and all. It’s a pain to get details from VPN providers. Bill desk and other aggregators make a lot of excuses or are sometimes genuinely helpless.

They are ready to provide hard evidence and have provided in past leading to some arrests. But the police is accomplice to these scammers. Can you believe a scam office is operational for past 10 yrs? Yet police had no idea?

Unless they are scamming local people and those people complain I don't think police can take action and even if they do there will no long term result.

What police will prove in court? Who is the complainant? I don't think an email complain is enough to make anything happen, police cannot just order to shut any scam centre without proper complain.

Since all these happens at large scale it's surprising US law enforcement agencies don't care much about it. These scams cannot happen unless people located in US help to transfer the money.

Even for local scammers located in different state police cannot do much or find it more difficult.

The big centers are making crores everyday and are well connected politically. I think few years ago there was big raid when US agencies got involved. These scammers had private jet and what not.

Those YouTube channels are good for creating awareness but their audience is racist af and label everyone as scammers. You can see comments on their videos. Such channels have existed from a long time and honestly they just do it for making money now. Earlier someone may have started for fun or for revenge kind of. But the new channels are doing it to make money mostly. Their content is click bait and more about entertainment now trolling scammers which can at most result in some raids.

All those racist comments and how conveniently they ignore their own people who are involved in these scams who provide bank accounts, voip, sell gift cards, selling fake softwares etc.
With so much proof no action from their police to help the victims or stop these scams.

They use any Indian person pics in their thumbnails. Wtf use real scammers pics.

In US people are stealing each other Amazon packages and stuff. These same people work as money mules but yeah only Indians are scamming.

International scams open revenue generation opportunities for the police. It’s adding to our economy. Only an anti national will have a problem with it.

I guess everyone watched the latest video done in Kolkata centre with multiple baiters. Some ex-scammers made it possible to reach inside the centre risking their life to do some trolling. Yeah some cockroaches and mouse will help stop scammers. Lmao

And some of the channels didn't properly edited to blur faces of people who were working with baiters. After the video released on YouTube scammers can check their cctv to identify who were messing with their system which put them in a lot of danger.

After all this people were still abusing the guys who were helping in those video comments. All Indians are scammers or ex scammers bs.

Is there a single case where these trolling helped shut down a centre permanently not just temporary raid?

Yeah I saw this video and many others years ago which went into more details about behind the scene about how these scammers setup bank account, company to get the money to India.

is there any news reports about these scammers getting jailed? After online complains.

In the same video you can see telegram group of 60k scammers still active and creating strategies.

These scammers are absolute worst kind of humans who prey on elderly and other vulnerable people and no one likes them. They ruin all Indians reputation who do genuine work.

I only have problem with the toxic comment section of these videos. Literally every single video someone will comment Indians hates them too or something like that and get abusive racist comments replies. And the use of random Indian pics for their thumbnails and channel profile pic.

One example of money mule.

Source

Last edited:
Unless they are scamming local people and those people complain I don't think police can take action and even if they do there will no long term result.
FBI and other international law enforcement are going after them.