India may stop Cheque Book facility for Digital Payments?

Why?? Is basic idea to stop black money or promote digital transaction?

If black money then cheque in noway black money.

Also with cheque - one can give post dated cheque for a future work as a payment assurance if work is completed by due date of the cheque.

Cheque acts as a security in such cases - where I can stop payment if service is not given properly.

Cheque can be given when digital transaction fail due to any reason OR where there is no connectivity OR where person does not know how to use mobile or computer.

Next big move by Modi? Bank cheque facility may be withdrawn to push digital transactions, says CAIT official
A senior functionary of industry body CAIT today said the Centre may withdraw the bank cheque book facility in the “near future” to encourage digital transactions. Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal said the government needs to encourage use of debit and credit cards. “In all probability, the Centre may withdraw the cheque book facility in the near future to encourage digital transactions,” he said.

I checked in Finance, Politics and Modi govt section first before posting. Couldnt find it.

You are right. I can't seem to find it myself... 😛

Aptly said by Rahul Gandhi......... Vikas Pagal ho gaya hai......

these incompetent idiots cannot provide water & electricity and they want to withdraw Chequebooks.....