• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 4,950

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2013/content/current/story/643679.html
India will tour Zimbabwe for a series of five one-dayers starting July 24 and ending on August 3, the BCCI has confirmed. It will be India's next international assignment after their tri-series in the West Indies that concludes on July 11.
The first three one-dayers will be played in Harare, with the last two in Bulawayo. India had confirmedtheir tour following a BCCI working committee meeting earlier this month. The trip had earlier been put on hold, with the board citing the 'fatigue factor.' It is uncertain at this stage if the selectors will stick to a full-strength squad.
When India last went to Zimbabwe, in 2010, Suresh Raina captained a young side, and didn't make it to the final of the one-day tri-series.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2013/content/story/647827.html?CMP=chrome
This is a bit of a surprise! Surprised that Bhuvneshwar Kumar is dropped. Happy to see Pujara's name in there and I hope he plays all 5 games.
Expected Gambhir to be picked. This is the right time for him to strike form especially with the opponent being weakest.

Good to see pujara in the odi squad. it punctures the stupid logic of chopra's tweet of preservation.
Only thing is nohit too should have been "rested".
vicky24 said:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2013/content/story/647827.html?CMP=chrome
This is a bit of a surprise! Surprised that Bhuvneshwar Kumar is dropped. Happy to see Pujara's name in there and I hope he plays all 5 games.
Expected Gambhir to be picked. This is the right time for him to strike form especially with the opponent being weakest.
they have rested him, as he was a regular. as i had said in the other thread, "oldies" will not be taken back. i know they are not old,but that will be the way in Indian cricket now.

Yup. he will be given atleast 400 more odi's to try n match tendulkar's record

If Pujara is tried to open the innings in ODI, I think that will be the end of Nohit since there wont be any place for him in middle order
Hope Kohli uses Pujara as an opener

I still can't see Rohit Sharma being a regular opener for India in the limited overs format. Maybe once he strikes form but he isn't being consistent. Gambhir is a regular opener and has done so much in the past. And he hasn't played any cricket after IPL,so why rest him?

Most unfortunate to miss the berths due to injury are pathan & tiwary.
though i suspect pathan's injury is for real or not or he is too being quietly pushed into the "oldies" club, as there was no update today about his injury, neither we were told for how many weeks he will be out

the most important thing is Zimbabwe cricketeers will be rich enough to afford food using the money even if they loose... when I used to be there it costed 40 billion dollars for a single dinner...

Err.. I guess you better make it clear its Zimbabwean Dollars you are talking about here.

Well, being a billionaire is only worth when you are exclusive list, not if all are one, and the exclusives are ones who are trillionaires, zillionaires and what not.

They should have included ireland and made a triangular series. Ireland is a much better team than Zimbabwe but does not gets to play against test playing nationsIn the recent odis vs Pakistan they gave tough fight in every match