• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 28,493
Oh, yes guys

this is serious thing.
India should think about it.
The question is
How is ipv4 space about to be full????

Many ISPs have IPv6 allocations already. Some are even using them. It's more a matter of customer equipment than anything else, but complete conversion isn't really necessary since it is possible to use NAT to build a hybrid.

APNIC in Asia has close to 300 million IPv4 addresses at the moment, maybe a little less since I last checked.

...for the record, we're going to be 100% IPv6.

Many ISPs have IPv6 allocations already. Some are even using them. It's more a matter of customer equipment than anything else, but complete conversion isn't really necessary since it is possible to use NAT to build a hybrid.

APNIC in Asia has close to 300 million IPv4 addresses at the moment, maybe a little less since I last checked.

...for the record, we're going to be 100% IPv6.

Yes I know. I asked before to you.

Yes I know. I asked before to you.

Aha.

Here's a quick rundown of ISPs that I can see are announcing IPv6 addresses (which means they're at least partially ready):
AS4755 - Tata
AS9498 - Bharti
AS9583 - Sify
AS9829 - BSNL
AS10201 - Dishnet Wireless
AS17762 - Tata Maharashtra (TTML)
AS18101 - Reliance
AS24186 - Railtel
AS38457 - Honesty Net Solutions

Some that are not:
AS10029 - Spectranet
AS17488 - Hathway
AS17813 - MTNL (!!!!!!!!)
AS18207 - YOU Telecom
AS18209 - Beam Telecom
AS24554 - Fivenet

By the way,, you forgot to list your company.....

I'm saying companies *I* can see. I can't see myself.

99.9% of people would not notice anything. people with vintage hardware or crappy ISPs might see some disruption.

i believe disabling it would actually do good to your connection considering it adds useless tasks for windows to perform.