• Thread starter Thread starter vgowtham97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,104

vgowtham97

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
'Superstitious' India drop new T20 jersey

Mumbai: Team India will not be wearing their new T20 jersey, which was unveiled with much fanfare recently by Nike, at the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka due to a 'superstition', DNA reported on Saturday.
When MS Dhoni's men played the second T20 international against New Zealand at Vizag wearing their old jersey, it did raise some eyebrows. But the news of BCCI red-flagging the new outfit explains it now.

The blue uniform has the Indian tricolour on the shoulder, with the BCCI logo in the middle. Along with that are the three golden stars representing India's three World Cup wins in 1983, 2007 and 2011.
But the BCCI, reports DNA, is of the opinion that the current ODI uniform is lucky and the fans might see the team wearing the same when they take the field in the warm-up game against Sri Lanka on September 15. The report also says that Nike officials refused any comments but sources says the Indian board wants to stick to the ODI outfit because India won the 2011 World Cup in that jersey.
"We've decided to go with the old jersey and we have communicated this to Nike. The players won't be wearing the new colours," a top board official apparently told DNA.

Source:'Superstitious' India drop new T20 jersey : Cricketnext

Bcci Head is one hell of a superstitious freak who doesn't takes step without consulting his team of astrologers

Sehwag said the non-sweaty nature of the jersey would help the cricketers in the hot and humid conditions in South India and Sri Lanka.

“When I wear the India colors I have to give my best. That’s what I always focus on. The jersey also has the color of the national flag on it (along with blue), which is close to my heart. Makes it very special,” Sehwag said

Indiawest: Indian Team gets New T20 Jersey

Now if we lose the T20 Cup, Players will have a new excuse

I felt the one used in Tri-series of Ind-SA-Zim in 1997 (where Robin Singh made his presence felt in a tied game against Zimbabwe) was very different & refreshing. Anyone got an image of that?

I felt the one used in Tri-series of Ind-SA-Zim in 1997 (where Robin Singh made his presence felt in a tied game against Zimbabwe) was very different & refreshing. Anyone got an image of that?

That is some memory!

Dont even remember what Indian team wore in the prev series 🙂

There was a time in Mid-90s where we used to have new jerseys every 2-3 series. Whereas the links you have just have the prominent ones. The one I am referring to was worn just during that series and never again.

I dont have video access - But thanks to Google, I am able to see a video result,which might be it..Searched Videos in Google for "india 1997 robin singh tie" it returns "sachin tendulkar 104 benoni v zim 1997" - or you can search that in youtube directly 😀Can someone get a good screenshot from the video of the Indian jersey..

That is some memory!

Dont even remember what Indian team wore in the prev series 🙂

I remember several jerseys but not all. A few we are kept reminded of because of file photos or highlights or used in promo ads (like showing famous wins). I remember others like the one I pasted above because they were really different.