• Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,419

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
India could get hybrid cars from next year India could get some hybrid cars running on its roads starting next year. The country already has an all electric car in the form of Reva and now we are likely to see automakers launching hybrid models in the market.

Last edited:
Yuck - scorpio hybrid!!!! I like how they first produce possibly the most god awful ugly car in India, with perhaps one of the worst mileage, and now are trying to look "environmentally conscious" by introducing a hybrid for a SUV!!!

The Civic hybrid sounds good on the other hand, though I wonder what the maintenance / service costs for such cars will be under Indian conditions.

scorpio? umm i think it looks decent. the ride is excellent. not sure abt the average but then it competes with safari. and then few SUVs score good on the mileage aspect. as for hybrid city... i doubt hybrids are that expensive to maintain. sure the batteries would require replacement after a couple of years. but looking at the success of prius. they really have become quite acceptable... and not just celebrities buy them in the US 🙂

toyota seems to be ready to bring in their prius. but since it would have to be totally imported, they need the government to provide subsidies to keep the price somewhat bearable. it costs i think around 10 lakhs abroad. no one is going to purchase it in india for 22 lakhs!

yup any hybrid above >> 10 lakhs would be hard to sell

one of the major reasons why reva costs more than the maruti 800 is i think that the batteries are required to be imported and no subsidies again from the government on them. they can i think price the car at around 1.5 lakhs if they get to import them without the duties and stuff!

and that it looks highly odd , i mean it looks like a concept car made by some engineering students , they should improve the looks

ah. well i agree on you that. they are supposedly working on their second vehicle. i hope that they work on the overall design to make it look something like a regular car. 😀