India Broadband Wiki

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 27,470
^ No need for it Sushubh . I'm just trying to contributewhatever little is possible ...

i am considering switching from mediawiki to something that is more user friendly. the current installation is a bit messed up. it just wont upgrade to the more recent versions. and i am stuck with it in its current form. of course adding new content or editing has become a pain in the ass because of the 'mediawiki' tags. any suggestions for a mediawiki alternatives? i was considering going for a hosted solution... google sites is a possible alternative!

Well mediawiki is more than enough user friendly. How more friendly do you need to make it? Otherwise it will become a moderated forum. Wiki needs to be exclusive and only selected information which comes out from the forum after discussion should be placed there.

Alright. India Broadband Wiki is now running on Google Sites. Anyone who wants to contribute to it can contact me through PM. You would need a google account to do so sadly. But it is now much easier to make edits and add new content. It supports commenting. and file uploads!

Feel free to post content and firmware data here for inclusion on the india broadband wiki in case you do not want to connect to it with your google account ;P