• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,281

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Ok. I am not a very big fan of social networking but Facebook is something I use pretty regularly. Orkut has gone nuts and I guess if anyone of you are on Facebook, you can join here!

Facebook | Login

we are trying to meet here and share whatever we have
learnt . what else we can do at facebook ... how exactly
can we join ibf group there ?

Edit : I browsed many groups and felt that it is similar to Orkut !

Update : first one has to join "India" network and then search
for the "India Broadband Forum" within India to get the join Link !
I could not find a simple method to join the group ...

Sushubh I feel that Orkut is more user friendly than facebook. The better thing would be to create India Broadband forum Community in Orkut.

Ahem.. forgive me if I sound rude, but what exactly is the need to create a separate community when we have a better discussion place i.e. the forum? It's not as if this place is too formal or has too strict rules to have proper dsicussions. It has much more features than any social networking site too. I'd prefer to stay here and would strongly oppose formation of any such community.Also, social networking sites are more related to the personal side of our lives. Over here we mostly discuss Broadband or Technology/IT. Making a community on an SN site would mix the two, which according to me, is inappropriate.

While I may agree with you, the option is simply there to not join it if you don't like it.As far as Orkut goes... I hate it... it's god awful trying to search for anyone in there, and I like the privacy settings in facebook (i.e. the fact that you can make it very private... not the default settings - especially w.r.t. the recent bullcrap they are doing).

well i had originally expected that people joining this group would be able to run that bandwidth challenge game and compare their speeds. but i think you can only compare your speeds with your friends... so well. pretty sad.as for facebook profiles and google. you have complete control over that. facebook has excellent privacy features. unlike Orkut where your scrapbook is open to every one.