India Blocks: Mass blocking of web services by Indian Government

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 32,431
Seems a lot of filehosts sites were blocked today.

That's releasing on the 25th, no reason why they should block sites now. Also they were told that they could not block entire websites like that.

yup. but then no one gives a shit. aljazeera.com is blocked on reliance broadband for a while now without any reason at all.

LOL Why aljazeera is blocked on reliance?

Here is what I have been told...
Reliance Broadband is incompatible with certain websites. One of them is Al Jazeera.
Al Jazeera is blocked by Reliance Broadband for technical reasons.
There are some technical issues that prevents us from allowing access to aljazeera.com.

the block is implemented through the reliance dns which is needed to access their login page.

Airtel just said that as per court directions about 450 sites have been blocked from midnight yesterday (July 3, 2014).
Luckyshare, Bitshare, Terafile stopped working from today morning.

It's a Dns level block easily passable by changing DNS but that's not the point. These nuts who don't even know the internet beyond google,youtube and gmail just passes the orders as these media houses asks them to (everyone loves warm pockets). This is like as if some body part got ill so just kill the whole thing, easier than treating part by part :mad ():

But they fail to understand that if someone was smart enough to find the source on these filesharing sites in the first place, he would surely be able to find the alternative soon enough.

VJR said:
Airtel just said that as per court directions about 450 sites have been blocked from midnight yesterday (July 3, 2014).
Luckyshare, Bitshare, Terafile stopped working from today morning.
Can you ask them which was the court and case number?

I knew this was supposed to happen. My spidey sense was tingling as i was surprised that half a year has gone by and there has been no internet censorship!