India Blocks: Mass blocking of web services by Indian Government

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 32,430
All the links in the bar above are goo.gl 😛

One good thing is that they blocked google services so google with its money can hire lawyers and challenge the order.

From what I understand YouTube would fetch the videos from the nearest server which for popular videos could be something in your ISPs own datacenter.

Is it gonna be over after the world cup? It has become one of the worst blocks. A lot of times I download from filesharing websites like bitshare, rapidgator etc.. cuz not all files are available on torrents.

I remember in 2006, some lady filed a pil in court and for more than a month all English channels were banned and when they were allowed, they were heavily censored, and since then I almost stopped watching all the English channels on TV.

As many has 472 websites, including Google Docs, Google Video and Google’s URL shortener goo.gl, have been blocked in India, as per instructions from the Delhi High Court, after a complaint by Multi Screen Media, the Sony owned media company that is broadcasting the FIFA World Cup live in India on its Sony Six channels. Some of these sites including Google Docs have already been blocked by BSNL,
F*** SONY

That list includes ryushare which has been shut down for a while now.
They just blocked sites based on a list provided by Markscan. really doesn't matter whether they found any links containing FIFA WC videos or not.

googlevideo.com is blocked. Contents of YouTube are hosted on that domain too, isn't it?

Yep. Videos are hosted on that domain. I wonder if bsnl has blocked googlevideo.com, that could explain the ongoing YouTube issues on bsnl.

Last edited: