India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 34,414
yeah. someone else had posted about it earlier too. don't remember if airtel or vodafone. vodafone on mother's Nokia 101 is baaaaaaaaad. shit load of spam sms from vodafone itself. and the marquee promos. :\i meant i have not seen it on my phone yet. thankfully. :\

Received a spam sms from mobi**** and reported to idea.. Bahut badi galti ho gayi mujhse.. Now idea is calling me every 2-3hr since yesterday. :banghead:

I was at North Campus and a Man wearing a Gandhi Cap came to me and handed a Form!Maine pucha, Who can I talk to about it? A guy with a Jhola came to me and said, please read the paper and fill it.I asked him, whats there to read in it? He said, Padh ke tou dekhiye.I told him again, whats there to read in it? It's a form, which is asking for my personal information i.e email address, mailing address email phone number etc..He said, yes sir, we will keep in touch with you!I asked him if he has any pamphlet that has information about the movement, IAC it was and he said Anna Hazare!He said no, but please ask what you want to ask!I got a bit loud and students gathered, and I asked him, you are collecting information from students without informing them what is it for, you don't even know what the movement is about and you are asking me to fill the form as am an educated person?I told him, Dear Sir, I am educated this is the reason am not filling it! Period!He gave me an address where Kiran Bedi was supposed to host a meeting in some place near Delhi, I just said, Okay Baaaaye! I have some work.

friends How fair is it when you get 4-5 Msg's from your operator about 24 ke recharge mein itna, 10 mein itna etc etc of CRAP, this even when you have Full DND Active.Is there a place where I can write to TRAI to help me, or if it needs a P.I.L. I can ask my lawyer friends to arrange for it.seems operators are not obeying TRAI guidelines or they have been exempted from spam.If i need to know what crap I get in Rs.24, i would ask for it, no need to kill my peace by sending me offers which I've never asked for nor availed any such recharges.

apparently sms toolkit does not appear on 4.2 update (as with my phone).

anyone with Galaxy nexus with 4.2.1 update? do you see sms toolkit on your phone?

bug report

I too checked just now, I have Sim Toolkit in my phone, but I can only see a lot of services, no place to turn Flash messages on or off?