India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 34,409
How will they know who the sender is if we merely forward the message?

I guess a few manipulations here & there with the code shud still help, as it is handy for 1 touch complaint! Spammers certainly wont stop & we will have to report them! 🙂Also, think of the spam calls. May be it cud be having a different format.

But you don't need an separate app to forward a SMS.However, you point is valid about the calls. Let's see how do they deal with it.

TRAI has changed the reporting format. Vodafone has been the first to implement it. I have made changes in the app accordingly. Please let me know if you face any problems.

I haven't received single spam sms in last 30-40 days I guess.. Not able to check it but thanks to you. 😀

it has been fairly weird for me. i do not get any spam sms for days and then one day shit happens. airtel sends me more confirmatory spam than the regular spam these days.

I get 3-4 spam messages which I report & nothing happens. 2-3 days later I am being bombarded by Airtel and often I was scratching my head as to for which messages are they telling as I did not send any today.

yeap same. i hardly report 5-6 sms per week but i get like 50 responses from airtel regarding them.

this month I reported 2 sms and gt reply for both. DND as well as India against spam is working nicely for me on Mumbai Vodafone.

It's called USSD spam. Airtel has planned further spamming through mobile advertising.