India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 34,419
Dear Customer, Your request is not in correct format. Please send: COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mmIdea format :thumbup:

Sure! It is - COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mmAs an example of what i had sent out last, and was atleast registered successfully:COMP TEL NO 7208687408, 18/03/12, Time 11:16.PS the Time is in 24 hour format.

Any Idea user can tell me the exact string that Idea accepts? Would be great help.

1 more thing...........when i reported the sms through app..........that particular sms disapeared from list..........i think it shouldnt happen.......specially for idea user........whose msg are rejected for wrong format...............or just because how would 1 report the sms again???

right. one of the recent feature additions was that the sms is removed when user reports it.

that is exactly what i use on airtel and it works through the app!

May be a few "/" or comma or dots, or the date format cud be somewhat different! But i m pretty sure, i wasnt able to report using the App!

Doesn't work on VF as well.

----------

Format- COMP

----------

So every operator has a different complain format. TRAI needs to make sure that every operator needs to follow same format for reporting DND.

Sure! It is -

COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm

As an example of what i had sent out last, and was atleast registered successfully:

COMP TEL NO 7208687408, 18/03/12, Time 11:16.

PS the Time is in 24 hour format.

Thanks, I am already on to something.

1 more thing...........when i reported the sms through app..........that particular sms disapeared from list..........i think it shouldnt happen.......specially for idea user........whose msg are rejected for wrong format...............or just because how would 1 report the sms again???

I didn't foresee the request being rejected. I will add an option in next version. Thanks.

Doesn't work on VF as well.

----------

Format- COMP

----------

So every operator has a different complain format. TRAI needs to make sure that every operator needs to follow same format for reporting DND.

That's new. I have been using it on VF for quite some time now. Which circle, by the way?

That's new. I have been using it on VF for quite some time now. Which circle, by the way?

Karnataka

I wonder if the app has the ability to locate the operator name from the phone 😕 If not, you would have to add an option to let the user select the operator name manually. 😕

Good to see the developer actively participating on Fora to get feedback on his App!!

Btw, just found out Toocool has given 1 star only? C'mon, see the efforts, and he is already working on it to make it usable for Idea users. Lets not spoil the rating for such a petty thing!

I hope to release a version tonight. It will have reporting calls plus Idea support. Hope I could convince people to revert their bad ratings 🙂

Btw, just found out Toocool has given 1 star only? C'mon, see the efforts, and he is already working on it to make it usable for Idea users. Lets not spoil the rating for such a petty thing!

i had given rating even before deepak appeared here............if he is gonna fix the issue .............i will give 5 star rating for sure.:urock: