India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 34,412
There are apps for spam SMS for Symbian I think. I remember seeing something a while back. Even otherwise, the phones come with a block option which can be put to good use.
Nokia Store
🙂

There are apps for spam SMS for Symbian I think. I remember seeing something a while back. Even otherwise, the phones come with a block option which can be put to good use.
This app does not block spam SMS. it simply reports them to TRAI.

yeah. we have already talked about sms blocking apps in another threat. this one is majorly different because it report spam sms to the relevant authorities. D:

"Hello,

Thanks for your kind words 🙂
There seems to be a problem with Idea NCR. Other users have also reported a problem.
I am using the latest format specified by TRAI. It works flawlessly on other networks.
I would suggest reporting it to Idea Cellular.

Regards,
Deepak"

developer mails me back.:tongue_2: now who will call idea to report its their problemo???? i dont have energy.:freaked-out:

do you know the format that works with idea?

if yes, send him that and tell him to fix it because idea is not accepting the official format from trai.

----------

if he still tells you to go to idea, give the app a single star rating. period.

So did you try sending using the manual way to Idea? Does that work?

there has been problems i tried few times............i couldnt figure out what trully............but after some attempt it went(talkin about a month ago)

well if manual reporting is not working with idea, i guess the app cannot fix that 😕

Finally someone has done the hard job of creating an app! I tried it on one of the spammy sms in my sms inbox and it seems to work fine! Got a confirmation from Airtel.

SMSpam

User interface however is fugly.

Hello, I'm the developer. Feedback about "fugly" interface has been noted 🙂

Would be nice to have - Unfortunately though by tracking over a period of time, it seems obvious that they have (Illegally? ) obtained a series of numbers & send telemarketing SMS (through Software I feel) ... Always the content asks you to call another number.. For example.. 10 days ago, I got a message with XXXXXX1234 , now I get with XXXXXX1980 ..with same content, asking me to call the same number for a service.... so does seem like they are discarding the numbers after sending spam mails
I am sure, I will not be the only one complaining & since they have not stopped, they must be using dummy numbers/SIMS obtained illegally.

My only satisfaction is that they have to go the trouble of getting new numbers. Plus it must cost them money 😉

ok. i am guessing that different operators are still using different formats for the complaints.

the app is using a format that is at least accepted by airtel.

please contact the developer and inform him of the issue!

He did. I think I know a workaround for Idea users.

^^
Can you tell him to provide a support for Symbian devices too.. 😀
I know its kinda under rated...

Sorry. As it is, I suck at Android. A whole new OS would be impossible.

I have been reporting and everytime they do not act on it. I took to TRAI.....they r as dumb as ever. Now can i go to ACB against TRAI??

Hello, I'm the developer. Feedback about "fugly" interface has been noted 🙂

My only satisfaction is that they have to go the trouble of getting new numbers. Plus it must cost them money 😉

He did. I think I know a workaround for Idea users.

Sorry. As it is, I suck at Android. A whole new OS would be impossible.

wanted to thank you for this app. have wanted something like this for a while now! cheers.

Yeah i have given it a 5, although its not working on Idea for now! I guess a few more lines of codes will nail it! Thanks for the app man!!

I have been getting atleast 1 every 2 odd days! And i report it & then few days later they say it cant be proceeded with! 😕 When i wrote to TRAI, marking a copy to Idea, they responded saying that i wasnt registered on NDNC. I ent them the exact date/time alongwith the screenshot from NDNC website, showing when i had registered for DND. No response either from TRAI or from Idea till now. Its about a week i guess since i m waiting for any response.I am now seriously thinking to take TRAI to ACB, if it is possible/applicable!