India's Electric Vehicle Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 18,570
What is needed is a good charging infrastructure and good pricing on the cars. Our policies are blinkered sadly. China meanwhile races ahead even in this 🙁 Unlike here, in China auto manufacturers get carbon credits and then subsidies on top of it. No wonder they are booming and have been booming.

Not sure why the author is quoting Swedish research not sure if it's relevant to our environment. Especially this
  • Don’t expose the vehicle’s batteries to direct sunlight.
  • Try to keep your electric vehicle at room temperature.
  • Don’t leave the electric vehicle unattended while charging.
  • Don’t leave the electric vehicle on charging overnight.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

This is the same thing that happened with Nano. Nano when launched was under immense spotlight due to issues and fires. The same is happening with OLA. This will pass.

• Don’t expose the vehicle’s batteries to direct sunlight.
  • Try to keep your electric vehicle at room temperature.
  • Don’t leave the electric vehicle unattended while charging.
BTW kaunsa maal fukte hai ye log?

We don't seem to have any institution that sets standards & ensures that they are followed. We always seem to put the cart before the horse.

Does anyone here know why some electric bikes (vehicles) don't have number plates?

If that's the case, it is easy to get away from traffic police. Right?

Well, if that's the case, then how are the cops looking at it to enforce traffic rules, and in collection of fines?

250W seems to be too low, compared to 8500W of certain electric bikes. Though both at the same selling price. Need to dive in to know what technical difference they both on road.

Well, I have one and it was towed away once. While making challan they just wrote 'Electric two wheeler without registration' on the challan.

@Nishant
I did speak to a friend on choosing one today evening. You are the right person to ask about this. What difference do you find between the two variants? I mean <250W and the ones which are like 8500W.

Is the one which you have been good enough, with enough pickup to push in the uphill, and mileage etc., How much KMs does it give you on full charge?

This is what I have.

Bought ~2 years ago and was delivered just a day before first Covid19 lockdown.

Pickup is ok if you're riding it solo. If you're riding it with pillion, it struggles a bit to pick up speed. The maximum speed it can reach is 30-35kmph although the official speed cap is 25kmph. The mileage varies a lot depending upon the load. I have never bothered to check the exact mileage per charge. On paper it is 60km per charge.

If you plan to get one, I suggest taking a test ride and see if it fits your needs.

Thanks. Yes. As like everyone, i'm used to petrol vehicles. Buying an electric needs some research from my side.
Also, i am little bulk weighty, so i need to think over before buying one. Thanks for all the information.