MTNL Mumbai Increased Upload Speeds for few Plans

Finally MTNL Mumbai has fixed the error at their end. Following are the new upload speeds wherein earlier 6 & 16 Mbps were missing

• Upload Speed:
1)For 2Mbps, 4Mbps & 6Mbps Plans: 768Kbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
2)For 8Mbps,10Mbps & 16Mbps Plans (given on ADSL): 1Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
3)For All Plans (given on Line bonding): 2Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
4)10Mbps VDSL Plans : 5Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.

Later called 12540 to get my UL speed increased to 768 Kbps from current 512 Kbps. The guy at the other end was repeating same info of upload speeds not increased for 6 & 16 Mbps. Asked him to check the MTNL website after which he came to his senses. But couldn't increase UL speed. Asked me to call 1500 so that they can issue a Work Order after which UL speed will increase. DAMN.:mad:

Tomorrow's mission call 1500 and convince ladies at other end to increase my UL speed.:tmi:

Called one number after another to finally get the upload speeds corrected to 768 Kbps from 512 Kbps and in between explaining everyone on the phone that MTNL has increased upload speeds for 6 Mbps plan.

These many numbers called one after another, since everyone kept passing & giving another number to call.

12504 > 1500 > 1504 > 9869288374 - Mr Deend who said MTNL hasn't implemented 768 Kbps yet. Asked me to call following number.

24381410 - Implementation Guy. Resolved the issue finally and confirmed back twice.

Current stats: 6 Mbps plan BB-1500
DL sync: 6143
UL sync: 1023

5476933689.png

BB-1500-16M plan. 1 call to the right person and upload speed increased to 1 Mbps and Line sync speed increased to 2 Mbps. Teamviewer runs better on 1 Mbps upload speed now.

@d5aqoëp & @socrates @x720 if you remember you guys had helped me with the VDSL with SOTL query on my same adsl modem. you think now is the time to get a vdsl modem? or the current adsl modem should suffice for 5mbps upload? as Im still getting 2mbps upload only. (pardon the noobness, just need your expert advice) Thanks in advance

@d5aqoëp & @socrates @x720 if you remember you guys had helped me with the VDSL with SOTL query on my same adsl modem. you think now is the time to get a vdsl modem? or the current adsl modem should suffice for 5mbps upload? as Im still getting 2mbps upload only. (pardon the noobness, just need your expert advice) Thanks in advance
Till MTNL does not dump their Prabhadevi's New Alcatel server, the problems will remain.

Thanks again folks for such a prompt reply,

@x720 so that means if I buy a vdsl modem then should I be worrying about switching to any port like SOTL?

@d5aqoëp do I still buy the ZyXEL modem/router, or continue with the currnet Belkin adsl modem/router with 2 mbps upload limit until mtnl plan change their server as mentioned by you?

seems a little more confusin now :-(

^ the upload on vdsl doesnt cross 1.7mbps for me.. u might wana rethink shifting :)

Called 12540 and got the upload speed changed..(form 512kbps to 1Mbps)..
But now having frequent disconnections and The download speed is not going above 13 Mbps..
I checked my Line and it is good....

Line stats

Plan name :BB-1500-16M

Annex Mode : ANNEX_M

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin : 6.2 7.7 db
Line Attenuation : 12.4 13.7 db
Data Rate : 16683 1022 kbps
Max Rate : 24312 2891 kbps
POWER : 14.1 -20.6 dbm
CRC : 6 0

Feeling very bad :(:(
Here is my session history...Very very disppaointed ..Not even able to get a decent 1 hr session

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Would be grateful if anyone here can help me ...Starting to think that this was a mistake....

@d5aqoëp & @socrates @x720 A big Thanks to all of you for assisting all along.
I finally went all along and bought myself VDSL Modem/Router & I thought to Share my Experience.
Before getting the VDSL modem, I was getting speed 8 to 8.5Mbps Down and 2 mbps Up.

I went to the Exchange and met the DM to request a MTNL modem and to discuss the speed limit issue.

He said he have to assign me a VLAN and then will help me configure the modem but I need to get my Own Modem Router First.

So I bought one from Digisol Smarlink Click Here per my knowledge there is ZyXEL ( costing around 5k approx & TP-Link around 12k approx)

And the above one I got for 4K INR, so thought of taking the risk as the Zyxel was not available at the time of my purchase.

Today Got the router configured with the MTNL official's assistant and touch wood all is fine now. atleast Im getting proper speeds for what Im paying for.

I dont know exactly how to translate the Line stats but here I have posted for your reference and advise / comments if any.

Again a BIG Thanks you to all for the is amazing place to discuss and help.

miHU4m0.png

Back