MTNL Mumbai Increased Upload Speeds for few Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Anup Iyer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 10,262
ISP
MTNL
Mtnl has increased the upload speeds for few Plans

Upload speed : i)For 2Mbps & 4Mbps Plans:-768Kbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
ii)For 8Mbps Plans (given on ADSL):-1Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
iii) For 8Mbps Plans (given on Line bonding):-2Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.
iv) 10Mbps VDSL Plans :-5Mbps upto Fair Usage Policy (FUP) quota and 512 Kbps afterwards.

Please refer the below link for reference

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/unlimited-plans

Now Post FUP all plans will have upload speed as 512Kbps...

Sadly there is no speed increase for BB-16M plans :/

Finally they seem to have come to their senses. But BB-16M plan needs more upload speed.

I would say atleast 2Mbps Upload speed should be available..I always have to use my phone data to upload photos 🙁 ..Even that is faster than MTNL Upload speed...Many ISP's are offering dual speeds..Hope MTNL raises Upload speeds to get back into the competition.

Finally MTNL woke up and increased the upload speeds.

But what about upload speed increase for 6 Mbps and 16 Mbps? There is no clarity onto for that.

If anyone gets any info about upload speeds for these two plans, do let us know.

@rohaan

Message sent.

Dear sir,

I want to inform you that upload speed for 16 Mbps ADSL plans has not been increased to 1 Mbps like 8 Mbps and 10 Mbps plans.

512 kbps upload speed is too less in this day and age. It causes poor experience while using mission critical applications like TeamViewer and for watching sercurity cameras due to low upload bandwidth.
MTNL's decision to reduce everyone's upload speed to 512 kbps is not appreciated.

Instead of buying extra upload speed, me and my friends would prefer to switch to another competent internet provider.

I hope you understand the gravity of the situation and act accordingly.

Regards
d5aqoëp karvendecker

Happy Monsoon

I have sent across a mail to Mr. J B Kamble at dgmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in.

I request others to send as well so that they can rectify the problem at their end enabling customers with BB 6 Mbps and 16 Mbps to get higher upload speeds.

Contact Details of various Senior Officers of MTNL Mumbai are given at following link.

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/mtnl-senior-officers

Did you get any response from that email id? I had sent an email to that id 28th may about my UL being reduced to 512 kbps from 1Mbps (I am on the DSL_UNLTD_XPRESS_COMBO_749) but no response. I was not expecting a reply but atleast a phone call or better the UL being brought back to 1 Mbps. They have become absolutely third rate just like pvt isp's. In the past email's to ED/GM's/DGM's elicited at least a phone call & problem was rectified, now they don't care a flying F***. Any one else whose UL has been reduced to 512 even though they are still on the old plans?

@socrates I haven't received any reply as yet. As such the mail was sent on Friday, I'm expecting some action only on Monday.

If not, bloody well will mark TO & CC to every MTNL senior official under BB department, ED & PGM and see to that they act onto it.

No response as of yet. We should give them 1-2 weeks. They are inundated with mails and I agree it takes time to reply to each one.

Increased upload speeds on website without official reply would be a better outcome.

There is a lot of commotion as to why only 2,4 8,and 10Mbps (VDSL) users had increased upload speeds.They will increase the speed for other plans latest by july..as I remember they update plans on july 1st week...Thoda wait karna padega...
For connections above 8 Mbps,We should get atleast 2 Mbps..UL...*Fingers crossed*...
I also saw that browsing experience is getting affected because of 512Kbps.

@Anup Iyer
Many people say that browsing speed does not get affected by 512 kbps upload speed. I firmly believe that browsing becomes sluggish on speeds below 1 Mbps. It causes throttling.

No response as of yet. We should give them 1-2 weeks. They are inundated with mails and I agree it takes time to reply to each one.

Increased upload speeds on website without official reply would be a better outcome.

In all my years of dealing with them they have never replied to any email but they do call up to talk to you which is fair enough if they sort out the mess but in my case they have not bothered

Guys, just use Twitter, tag MTNL Official and R S Prasad. Your problem will be attended to. Tweet twice if they don't notice the first tweet. It works.

On Twitter its TOTALLY USELESS now. They are only interestd in working sporadically & heap praise on themselves thru fake a/c's. This is the face of the new MTNL 😡