Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

ISP
BSNL EVDO
Hi Guys,
You can increase ur d/l speed and signal strength buy following basic Tips๐Ÿ˜€

Hope it Helps:thumb:

1.> Connect the modem through an extension cable and if possible place it near the window.

2.> Just Slide in any old cd in the modem antenna( to boost up ur signal)

These r the hardware tweaks will provide some link-removed settings once Home:cool2:

Acer Aspire4250_WIFI
2 GB RAM
SATA 160 gb
AMD Athlon 64 1.9ghz
Nvidea 7500 (256mb + 750mbShared)
:O
Dont Panic not my connection(*IBM*)๐Ÿ˜›

spike, how much speed do you get when :1) you use public torrents2) use http sites to download (like directx from microsoft)

spike, how much speed do you get when :

1) you use public torrents

2) use http sites to download (like directx from microsoft)

Hi,
I was getting slow speeds till last week(max = 200kbps) but there was a loss of connection on sunday(server problem as usual in weekends) but when i regained the connection the speed boosted up to more than 1 mb(tried a tweak mentioned below),, in link-removed the speed varies from 20 to 60kbps when using healthy link-removed. and when direct downloading the speed goes above 1mb. will post speedtest results once home.:yahoo:

Here's a solution for vista user's.
As v all knw windows limits our half open connections to 10 and thats y v cannot get good link-removed speed especially with evdo where v dont have open connections so v have to depend on the half open connections. And here's the way to maximize the half open connection. I have tried the first 2 steps and they have worked for me boosted my speed above 1mbps whereas i used to get only 200kbps max.

Vista has limited the half-open (incomplete/sync packets) connection attempts per second, in other words, you can't use P2P software at its' full potential in Vista. You can either wait until P2P software vendors find a way to overcome this problem, or You may want to "Hack" your Vista to support full potential of P2P connection.

Step #1 - Turn Off TCP Auto Tuning
TCP Auto Tuning will delay most P2P software, until the vendors updated their program, you need to turn it off. You can do that by typing " netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disable". Next step you will need to optimize the TCP settings yourself.

Step #2 - Download SG TCP Optimizer
Go to Google and type "SG TCP Optimizer", download and install it. After that, launch the program and select "Optimal settings" and setup the Internet connection speed accordingly, if you are using your computer to direct connect with you DSL modem, check the box "PPPoE", click to apply changes and restart.

Step #3 - Replace TCPIP. sys with the hacked version
Go to Google and type "yaronmaor.net repair", download the patches accordingly and "patch" your TCPIP. sys. The patches works very well, but you need to update it frequently, and after SP1 you need to use boot up menu to bypass "driver signature" for this patch to work.

Hope works for all:thumb:

Acer Aspire4250_WIFI
2 GB RAM
SATA 160 gb
AMD Athlon 64 1.9ghz
Dont Panic not my connection(*IBM*)๐Ÿ˜›

Thx spike, but will it work on Windows XP ? Can't wait to use them to increase my torrent speed.B/w guys follow the link below to get a good tool to increase half-open connections in both Vista and XP with latest services packs. (Remember 100 is enough for most of us). ๐Ÿ˜—

Thx spike, but will it work on Windows XP ? Can't wait to use them to increase my torrent speed.

B/w guys follow the link below to get a good tool to increase half-open connections in both Vista and XP with latest services packs. (Remember 100 is enough for most of us). ๐Ÿ˜—

Dint tried in XP as i Have Vista but u can try using that and let me know if it works:rofl:

Dint tried in XP as i Have Vista but u can try using that and let me know if it works:rofl:
I tried to find the same thing for xp. But tcp tuning off is esp. for vista. :hysterical:

I tried to find the same thing for xp. But tcp tuning off is esp. for vista. :hysterical:

K vl try to find the same tool for XP need some time:redface:

Acer Aspire4250_WIFI
2 GB RAM
SATA 160 gb
AMD Athlon 64 1.9ghz

thx spike but man I have one advice, man control speed of your connection, it's actually getting out of control...hehe, 7.1MBps - UP & 0.74MBps - Down ... :O ๐Ÿ˜›

thx spike but man I have one advice, man control speed of your connection, it's actually getting out of control...hehe, 7.1MBps - UP & 0.74MBps - Down ... :O ๐Ÿ˜›

Its 71Mbps d/l and 7.4mbps u/l
Dont worry thats not my connection. Its IBM's connection.(And it is through BSNL i think:huh๐Ÿ™‚ Actually i m working in IBM as Tech support for an ISP in UK(Tiscali)๐Ÿ˜›

Acer Aspire4250_WIFI
2 GB RAM
SATA 160 gb
AMD Athlon 64 1.9ghz

it shows that it is through VSNL. That is Tata Communications now. ๐Ÿ™‚pretty cool to have that much speed in your hands.

it shows that it is through VSNL. That is Tata Communications now. ๐Ÿ™‚

pretty cool to have that much speed in your hands.

Opps!!!:wall:
Sorry yes its TATA Communications. Yes it rocks man:dance: but unfortunately i cant d/l anything๐Ÿ˜ก
webpages open within milliseconds!!!!!

Acer Aspire4250_WIFI
2 GB RAM
SATA 160 gb
AMD Athlon 64 1.9ghz

I wrote in megabytes bro. ๐Ÿ˜•And you can't download anything from that connection ??? Now that is more annoying. Having such a fast connection at disposal but you can't download anything...hehe.. ๐Ÿ˜›

I wrote in megabytes bro. ๐Ÿ˜•

And you can't download anything from that connection ??? Now that is more annoying. Having such a fast connection at disposal but you can't download anything...hehe.. ๐Ÿ˜›

Yes man its too annoying i hv such a gr8 speed at my fingertips(74mbps) but no d\l's ๐Ÿ˜ก

Friends,

I was trying to increase speed of my Fast torrent v2.5.0.0 since it was downloading @1.5 KBps-3.1KBps. I was going thro all the threads here but i didnt get any good result. I am using BSNL home plan 256Kbps. Some post I have seen some posts tht if we have more upload slots and speed we will get more download speed like 200 Kbps. But see my screen shots I have max speed of download and a min speed "Zero" upload. Can any one help me how this is posible the configuration are my own.

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=downloadssxv1.jpg

Friends,

I was trying to increase speed of my Fast torrent v2.5.0.0 since it was downloading @1.5 KBps-3.1KBps. I was going thro all the threads here but i didnt get any good result. I am using BSNL home plan 256Kbps. Some post I have seen some posts tht if we have more upload slots and speed we will get more download speed like 200 Kbps. But see my screen shots I have max speed of download and a min speed \"Zero\" upload. Can any one help me how this is posible the configuration are my own.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8620/downloadssxv1.th.jpg
look bro at seeds u r gatting i.e. only 2 ๐Ÿ˜‰, it's not a healthy torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.