increase speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi can any one tell me how to increase the bandwidth for my reliance netconnect plus...though the upload speeds are satisfying, i've never seen its download speed exceeding 200 kbps more than a few seconds...can any one pls help me to boost the download speed and fix the speed to 200 kbps...thanks in advance...

The speed depends on the network in your specific area. It would help if you say where you are located so others from your area can tell you how it works for them.Once you get in touch with them, you can cross test each other's dongle and compare speeds.

Is that 200KBPS is download speed or Bandwith Speed... if its download speed means 200kbps is a good speed.... and the card supports max of 3.2MBPS only.... and the spead offered by Reliance is upto 3.2MBPS so its not that u will get 3.2mbps...

thanks for reply..im from vit university,vellore,tamilnadu..actually i have tested other dongles too..they too work in same way...some go upto 600 kbps and drops down to 80kbps...just asking out of anxiety..is there any way to boost the speeds, like by any change in settings or some thing like that 😛thank u.. 🙂

Nothing you can do really. You want speed, go for wired internet. Wireless is for convenience and mobility.The only thing you can try to to set the netconnect plus to the high speed mode rather than Hybrid.

Is that 200KBPS is download speed or Bandwith Speed... if its download speed means 200kbps is a good speed.... and the card supports max of 3.2MBPS only.... and the spead offered by Reliance is upto 3.2MBPS so its not that u will get 3.2mbps...

hi thanks for the reply 🙂
mine is 3.2 mbps modem itself... and even i agree that 200kbps is a good speed... and the speed offered is "upto" 3.2mbps but not constant 3.2mbps... but it means that there is a chance that you can get speeds more than 200kbps right?...actually what i want to say is that..an average 512kbps bandwidth modems are able to maintain 80kbps downloadspeed why not a "3.2mbps" modem maintain a minimum speed of 200kbps..? but instead it always fluctuates between 50 and 110 kbps and rarely touches 200kbps...provided there is "full signal"...

----------

Nothing you can do really. You want speed, go for wired internet. Wireless is for convenience and mobility.
The only thing you can try to to set the netconnect plus to the high speed mode rather than Hybrid.

thanks a lot🙂
i've tried high speed mode..but netconnet is showing that it cannot give speeds more than 150kbps in in 'highspeed" mode and "hybrid" mode gives 3.2mbps...

Status
Not open for further replies.