Incorrect MTNL Summary Stats.

• Thread starter Thread starter tutsipoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,053

tutsipoppy

ISP
MTNL - 256UL Combo
Hi,I just got my MTNL connection on 12th July.I hardly use internet during day time....and download only between 12.15am - 7.45am(just to be safe). I'm on Bridge Mode....but still restart my router after 12am and shut it down before 8am.Last to last night i noticed that ithe summay page showed that i had used 175MB, even though MTNL has been down during that for the past few days and i have used it very less even of internet comes.I have checked the Session Details and it shows heavy downloads only between 12.15am to 7.45am.So i dont know why the summary page is showing incorrect stats regarding my usage.My Mumbai friend Abhinav who has MTNL too says that these kindda mistakes are common from MTNL....so i need not worry as long as the Session Details are correct.I just wanted to ask this on this forum too just to be sure.

^^^ Anybody......anything on this? ^^^

Installl DU meter to see if there's any data transfer when idle going on due to a virus , trojan, windows update etc

I'll suggest you try downloading a file of pre-known size. Save the link, and then disconnect. Reconnect again, download the file (only download the file, don't do anything else), and immediately disconnect (as sson as the download finishes. No connect again, and check your last session on the usage site. Check if the amount downloaded same as the size of the file.

Ive checked my log from 12th july onwards.

Now ive detected something....

36 2******6 7******* 169310649 BRAS*********** 7/13/07 8:34:28 PM 7/13/07 10:50:25 PM 2:15:57

Now 13th was my B'day and i had a party at my place....and i remember that there wasnt any internet that night.

So is it possible that someone might have used my ID and downloaded his files?

Is it possible to do that?

Get your line checked. Port Binding may not be implemented correctly on your line. To know what port binding is, read this -

Q. Can I use somebody else's username and password to surf the internet from my router?

A. A simple answer - NO. This is because of the recently introduced 'Port Binding' feature. This feature BINDS the Broadband Account "Username" to a particular Broadband port in the Exchange which will result in usage of your account only from your location. As an example case, if the Username is "24294444" and this telephone line is connected to Broadband Port No. 12 at MTNL exchange then with the "Port Binding Feature" enabled, Username "24294444" shall be able to connect only from Port 12, i.e. the Username gets binded to the port. This Username shall not work from any other Broadband Port which shall avoid any misuse of Broadband Connection from other location.

It is possible. Find out if port binding is in place for your connection. If it is then it is very difficult for someone to use ur connection.

Dudefollow the follwing steps1Chanage the password of ur MTNL account2. Change the password of ur router 3. Run a complete virus scan and a an adware scan with a good software4. Install a program like DU meter to see anything is downloading/uploading while u r not using the net5. I doubt its MTNL's fault......

36 2******6 7******* 169310649 BRAS*********** 7/13/07 8:34:28 PM 7/13/07 10:50:25 PM 2:15:57

Me In Mumbai have never see the BRAS displayed on my session History page :ashamed:
Only for Delhi?

Me In Mumbai have never see the BRAS displayed on my session History page :ashamed:
Only for Delhi?

yup you are right. BRAS is displayed only for delhi users.

Till date thats what I've seen.Its ur last months stats that get billed in the next month