In Distress.. What should I do?

• Thread starter Thread starter vyamoham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,725
ISP
hathway
Dear Forum Members,
I starting this thread in hope that someone may be able to help me or point me to the next steps that I need to do.
I moved to a new house last month. From then onwards, I am trying to get an internet connection. I contacted Airtel in 12th Feb regarding a new connection. (I already had good experience with airtel once). Immediately a guy(Shashi) was send to my office to collect my documents and Rs. 600. I opted for Rs. 2100 8 Mbps plan with 125 GB FUP. Actually I wanted 16 Mbps plan. But he was not sure whether he could give me that. But he promised I will get the 125 GB FUP plan with in 3 days.
But on saturday, no one came to my house for installation and I tried calling Shashi so many times. He did not even pick up the call. After that, I called the Airtel customer care no and told the situation. They told there is some technical issue in getting the connection.
So I tried connections of different networks like Tata Indicom, You Broadband, Tikona, G Broadband, Spectranet, Act and Reliance. All except Reliance told me that, they cannot provide the connection in my area. Reliance told they can provide but never ever got a call back from them. I tried calling their customer care no lots of times. But they simply register a complaint and tell me I will get a callback within 24 hours. This went on like 4 - 5 times(2 weeks). But never got a call from them.
Then I was trying to get some local ISPs to provide me a connection. But in one shop, they give Airtel Area manager(Giridhar)'s no. I called him and he told he will send an executive immediately within 20 mins to my home(at 8'O clock in the night). I told him, I already applied for the connection and it was rejected because of some techincal issue. But he assured, that some ports are released in my area and I can easily get a connection from them. So I asked Shashi to check whether it is possible. He told, I can get a connection within 17th Mar.
On 17th march, again no one came, I called Shashi many times. But he will not pick the calls again. Then I called him from some other landline no. He took the call and told me the work order is approved and the technician will come to my place in the evening. He gave me the technician's no also. His name is Venkatesh. I called Venkatesh and asked about the connection. He told I will get installation done on 18th or 19th max. When I called him today, he said, it is not possible to give me the connection and he can get my amount back. I told him, I don't want the refund. I want the connection. Now he is not accepting my calls.
I am in utmost distress. I am not sure what I could do. If any of the forum members have any idea what are the next steps that I should do, please respond.
Is there anyway to get a connection from Airtel? If not, are there any other connection providers in this area that I can contact?
If wired broadband is not available in my area, what is good data card and plan? I used to game/download stuff. But, I suppose I wont have that possiblity with a data card.
I am staying in SG Palya. Pin - 560029
Thanks in advance..

Why not BSNL?
Hmm, no high speed plan according to your requirements I guess.

Yes, I will try that. Anyway, it is better than nothing. But the rates are too high for me.

Even a 2 Mbps plan with 40 GB FUP(BBG Combo ULD 1800) is Rs. 1800/-.

Try BSNL buddy, I have one right now. Have applied for an Airtel but its been 5 days and no signs of the fellow. Absolute pathetic service here I may add. Never thought this was possible.
What Airtel does is they have branched out to DSAs who are absolutely pathetic.