Impossible to unsubscribe from Airtel Mobile TV!

• Thread starter Thread starter coolviki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,979

coolviki

You read it right. Airtel has finally managed to touch the zenith of ripping off money from their customers with this Mobile TV Service. I subscribed to this service for IPL matches @40weekly in addition to10/day for IPL matches. Subscription was done immediately.The major challenge came in when I tried to unsubscribe to the service, sending the text UNSUBTV to 54321 did not generate any response, and as I write it's been over 10 days since I have been trying to unsubscribe to this service, called up multiple times to the customer care (I don't know why they still use the word "care", "scare" seems more appropriate) and nodal officer.Looks like in a hurry Airtel actually forgot a way to build an un-subscription option in this service.Any of you out there facing similar issues ?

Facing the same problem for over a month now. Retards can't even deactivate this service. I contacted Airtel cc, airtel presence, nodal officer but they just can't deactivate this subscription.

My service got de-activated a couple of days back after numerous phone calls and emails to the nodal officers. In face quite a few friends of mine are still facing a issue.Looks like in a hurry to roll out the service they forgot to built in the "unsubscribe" option.

Lucky you. I have tried everything, wrote hate mails, blogged about it, got in touch with nodal officer n airtel presence but they don't know the reason why i am being charged daily.