Important XML attributes to enable bridge on 707GR1

• Thread starter Thread starter proton8454
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,944
ISP
Airtel
As you know, almost all critical settings are greyed and disabled on this godforsaken ONU. So I got hold of an Airtel technician after painstaking requests. He remotely enabled bridge mode on Dragonpath 707GR1 running on firmware v01.00.01_140

The most important trick is to raise a service request to get a static IP and incessantly ask them to enable the bridge mode.

Now back to the topic; fortunately, I had exported the original config XML using this excellent by @justageeek
I exported the config again (after he enabled the bridge mode) and compared the original with the newly exported one.
I have also subscribed to their static IP, so some attributes might be useless if you want to use a PPPoE client.

I discovered the following XML elements had their attributes modified that successfully enabled the bridge on the nas0_3 interface.

Code:
<Config_Information_File_8671>
<Value Name="PPPOE_ACNAME_ACTING" Value=""/>
 <Value Name="ChannelStatus" Value="0"/>
<!--[Static IP given by Airtel]-->
<Value Name="LocalIPAddr" Value="x.x.x.x"/>
<!-- [Gateway to the static IP, also provided by Airtel]-->
<Value Name="RemoteIPAddr" Value="y.y.y.y"/>
<Value Name="vlan" Value="1"/>
<Value Name="vid" Value="100"/>

iwgrUyi.png

Code:
<chain chainName="ATM_VC_TBL">
<Value Name="NAPT" Value="1"/>
<Value Name="ChannelStatus" Value="1"/>
<Value Name="vlan" Value="1"/>
 <Value Name="vid" Value="100"/>

AMQu5BX.png

Please note:
  • I've not played around by hard resetting the router and importing the bridged XML config for a sanity check.
  • I'm not sure about some elements, such as "NAPT" and what it does
  • Always back up your original config file, for it may be helpful if you brick your router.

Last edited:
Hi, can u upload the config file present in your ONU now. It will be of great help bro. If you are concerned about privacy, you can reset the ONU & then download the config file.

Hi Everyone.

I got this Dragon Path 707GR1 router and Airtel has greyed out most of options. Wi-fi range is also poor in comparison with my previous router.

If I manage to set it up in bridge mode with the help of Airtel back-end support and add my own router like TP-Link Archer C6 or A6, will I be able to use Google or cloudflare DNS? Or DNS remains same of primary (Airtel) router?

Thank you.

So, they have enabled the option to edit DNS servers and I can add/edit DNS servers. (There is option to add DNS1, DNS2 and DNS3).

Also, their executive said that they have enabled the bridge mode from their end. Can anyone see the screenshots and confirm please?

Source

click on pp0_nas0_0 and see through the different profiles which one is bridged and which port.

Ohhh. Will raise a complaint again tomorrow.

Any suggestions what should I ask them? I am not very good at understanding these terms.

I dont see bridge enabled doesnt necessirily means bridge is not enabled. Airtel enabled bridge on port number 4 if you ask them do, you can simply connect your router and establish a pppoe connection on it, connect your router to port 4.

you can connect with me over telegram if you need any help in setting up pppoe connection. Username is @neesht