Important news for all bsnl broadband changes plans 1 feb 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter kaura
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 43,739
This really helped! Now my speed has been upgraded.However, noticed that my SNR margin has come down quite a bit - from 40+ to 28Is this something normal?Thanks!

Your issue got resolved within 2 days that's great. 🙂28 SNR is Excellent but you had 40+ that was Outstanding

Thanks to you for suggesting the link 🙂

28 SNR is Excellent but you had 40+ that was Outstanding

Yeah I know, but the data rate has also been increased from 2048 to 9000+ and that's why the SNR has shot down.

However, till now I haven't had any disruption in connectivity - it's going stable [touchwood]

So considering a data rate of 9000+, is an SNR between 24-28 okay?

Also could you please let me know how I can check the max attainable rate of my modem UT300R2U?

Thanks again!

Dear Arman please tell, have you been charged for 12 months advance rental i.e.Rs. 33588.00 after plan change to COMBO 2799? In my case when I requested for plan change to 2799 concerned SDO told me that as it is mentioned that COMMITTED PERIOD IS 12 MONTHS you have to pay Rs. 33588.00 in advance. Is this the same with you. please reply I changed from HOME 500 to COMBO 2799 (50GB, 8Mbps + 300 free calls) in Durga Puja - 09. I don't see anything as good that yet.

Plans aren't attractive at all. They need to halve down prices.

Dear Arman please tell, have you been charged for 12 months advance rental i.e.Rs. 33588.00 after plan change to COMBO 2799? In my case when I requested for plan change to 2799 concerned SDO told me that as it is mentioned that COMMITTED PERIOD IS 12 MONTHS you have to pay33588.00 in advance. Is this the same with you. please reply

see this link:
.:BB COMBO:.

Annual payment is only 10 months rent viz27990/=

12 months commitment is for FREE wifi router .
i

If you are a Central/state/PSU employee/ serving or retd additional 20% on 27990/=

As most A.O's are oriented towards telephone/cellphones, we have to
tell them/quote the rules for Broadband usage.

In case you surrender any other Annual option, for used months normal monthly rates will be charged and ( if they know!) additional one month BB rent can be also charged as penalty !

Thanks for reply. As you said is right that for committed period free Wi-Fi modem you have to pay 12 months advance charges during plan change. I have purchased the modem by paying the total cost of modem. The same I have explained to concerned SDO. But He is telling that Whenever he selects the 2799 plan, the system automatically asks for payment of 12 Months Rental in advance and after payment only the plan shall be activated. Please help

I dont understand why you guys opt for these shit plans with extra modem and landline charges though BSNL offers 2mbps UNLIMITED for 750 per month only through EVDO🤔

EVDO is not present at most places, but i agree its total paisa vasool plan if one has EVDO coverage in his area.

hey everyone!, i am using bsnl BB combo 850 UDL(1 mbps) since last month, i like english movies and so i do download them frm d net, the problem is initially the downloading speed with dis plan was nearly 100 kbps(average downloading speed 97 kbps), but now it has gone down to nearly 28 kbps, I wish to know if the downloading speed of 100 kbps ok with the above mentioned plan and since the speed has gone down to 28 kbps now is it OK..what should be d real downloading/uploading speed i should be getting with this plan and is dere any limit to download a certain amount of data with a certain speed.

PLANS CHANGED
CATEGORISED IN "Combo BB Plans for both Home & Business Users with Unlimited Usage"

BBG Combo ULD 1350 NOW 4 Mbps upto 20 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB

NEW PLAN BBG Combo ULD 850 1 Mbps upto 8 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB

BBG Combo ULD 1000 ALSO IN THIS CATEGORY 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB

BBG Combo ULD 1700 ALSO IN THIS CATEGORY 2 Mbps upto 40 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 40 GB

Code:
http://www.bsnl.in/service/new_BB/BB_COMBO_Unlim.htm
OK NOW PLANS WHICH ARE CLOSED FROM 01.02.2011
1.BBG 125
2.BBG FN 500
3.BBG Combo 650
4.BBG Combo 749
5.BBG Combo 850
6.BB Home Combo ULD 1400
7.BBG Combo 1500
8.BBG Combo 3500
9.BBG Speed Combo 4500
Code:
http://www.bsnl.in/service/new_BB/Old_Plans_01022011.htm
PLZ COMMENT ON THIS

Sound good but no reliable service guarantee from BSNL.

Was just thinking of the last time when BSNL plans were restructured. Hell, it is over 2 years now since the speeds were upgraded and there is no news of any upgraded or new quality plans in BSNL nowadays. BSNL was one of the most affordable and quality Indian ISPs in those days and it is the MOST EXPENSIVE ISP especially for Rs.10000+ plan among all ISPs be it small or national. Hell, what is going on with BSNL. Nothing is moving forward with them. When will the plans be restructured. Earlier, they used to upgrade their plans (infact before other ISPs did) every 6 months or so. But it is over 2 years they have not touched anything and it does not seem they are planning to do so either. Wake up BSNL please. I am from Guwahati, Assam and there is no competitor to BSNL as they have the only internet backbone to NE and none of the other ISPs have laid their lines here. I would have probably shifted to Airtel, Reliance or hell any other company if there would have been some good plans. In a few years, even 3g broadband would be cheaper than BSNL wired broadband going by their speed of introduction of new plans or upgradation of speeds in existing plans.