Imp regarding Torrents

• Thread starter Thread starter vijayk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,154
Abt the rubbish data, i rarely ever d/l any with Bitcomet. But still the total downloaded data is slightly more than the actual filesize but that's coz bitcomet adds the overhead bandwidth consumed (connecting to peers, exchanging all kinds of info abt packets available n other stuff) to the actual data downloaded unlike utorrent and it's usually around 15-20MB for a 700Mb torrent (even when rubbish data is shown as nil) and this has been discussed a lot in the bitcomet forum. So using peerguardian won't help in this regard though it should ensure that u don't download any rubbish data.Bitcomet is still the best for me atleast (connects to more peers and gives better speeds overall). Although i use utorrent as my secondary client (it's like a bitcomet & azureus hybrid, so gets a zero for originality 😛) though it still lacks the one feature which azureus has, that of bandwith allocation for each torrent. But hey, it's just 150KB.

Well, i dont know about that! i remmember downloading 11.60 gB once for a file rated at 10.60 gb. Thats a full 1 Gb more. Somehow i dont think that 1 Gb would be only overhead. On a different note , i tried peer guardian tonight and the amount remaining in the torrent has decreased proportionately with the amt i've d/l. it may not be exact but it is a heck of a lot better than before.I used Blocklist Manager to get the anti-p2p listsas the lists provided by peerguardian may not be enough.Exported them to peerguardian. and at least for me i'm a lot happier than before.Am goin to give azureus and utorent a go today and see how it goes...

^^^ bitlord sux, its a copy of bitcomet and they've made a total mess of it.i too get low speeds like around 15 kbps. while downloading sometimes it touches 25 but only for a few seconds and comes down. bitcomet has atleast given me speeds of around 15, others have hardly given me anything. 🙁 also bitcomet connects to more peers than others.

^^^ yeah ive seen that on quite a few trackers. 🙁but the problem is that no other program gives better speeds. ive tried to do all sorts of things but no use. 🙁

when did i say you were gonna use bitlord? 😛 i was telling it to the other people reading these posts. 😛

Originally posted by vijayk@Mar 28 2006, 08:12 AM
Well, i dont know about that! i remmember downloading 11.60 gB once for a file rated at

10.60 gb. Thats a full 1 Gb more. Somehow i dont think that 1 Gb would be only

overhead.
[snapback]46065[/snapback]
[/quote]

once even i ended up downloading 1 GB extra for an 8.85 GB torrent through BitComet 😱