Imax Theatre In Delhi?

• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 29,856
NO, there is none. Nearest to delhi is in Ghaziabad.

Actually, it is near Delhi-UP border - Pacific Mall which happens to be in Ghaziabad. I havent seen any movie on IMAX yet.....will probably go there for Spiderman3. 🙂

I hope it is. I heard that I think Adlabs or was it some other company was launching IMAX theatres mid this year and early next year. So by mid next year we should have like 5 in New Delhi.

5 imax in delhi?we already are paying too much for tickets in regular theatres.

Yes, the IMAX theatre in NCR (at Pacific Mall) is a proper IMAX theatre - infact, this is the new generation IMAX theatre with support for full 3D Animation. This is is the first flat screen IMAX theatre in India. I have seen movies at this IMAX, Mumbai IMAX Dome and the Hyderabad IMAX, and also at several IMAX theatres in US. So far, I have not missed any movie in Pacific Mall IMAX and it is quite some experience watching movies. Only things that's unfortunate is that not many movies get released in IMAX in India.For those who are to watch it for the first time, I suggest going for an IMAX 3D movie...like Happy Feet, The Polar Express etc...you'd just love it.Cheers!

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 18 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]83749[/snapback]
5 imax in delhi?

we already are paying too much for tickets in regular theatres.[/b]

We are paying the least out of all countries in the world for ticket prices.

Don't complain.

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Mar 19 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]83852[/snapback]

Don't complain.[/b]

But we earn a lot less too. In India avg salary is 20,000 Rs for a middle class bloke. That is 500 Dollars if we take dollar at 50 Rs. Now a ticket in India for a movie is 150 Rs which is 3$.

So the ratio is $500 ~ $3

So we spend $1 on movie ticket for $ 166 of income.

Whereas an avg middle class bloke in US would earn 4000$ per month and movie ticket is around 8 dollars.

So the ratio is $4000 ~ $8

Same guy in US would spend $1 on movie ticket for every $1000 earned.
Complete Edit

So stating we pay less, is incomplete if you dont qoute it under the right context. We are still paying a lot more by the ratio of our income.

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Mar 19 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]83852[/snapback]

Don't complain.[/b]

You GOT to be kidding me here. I end up watching most movies at PVR/DT for around Rs. 150. I am pretty sure people in countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, do not pay that much. I am sure people living in Aligarh (who also has a PVR in the city) do not pay that much for a single ticket.

And i think one of the theatres in Delhi NCR has tickets which cost around 250. in Waves or something. a family of four would end up spending more than 1000 bucks if they order enough popcorn and cold drinks during the movie. that's like 5-10% of average salaries.

I watch morning shows(before 11) at PVR for Rs. 50 😛 Its about a Km from my home so i manage to get last row as well 😉

i think naraina and pvr sahara has those schemes. i sometimes manage to catch movies at naraina 11 am show. i remember the days when priya pvr had to sell around 10-15 tickets for around 12 rupees each due to some government ruling. those were the nice days. i can still remember seeing meet the parents on one of those ultra cheap tickets. 😉

even pvr in metropolitan gurgaon has Rs. 75/- seat before 11...it was around 6 months back, i hope it's still on...u may want to find it out...