I'm Ready For Home 500 Plan

Tariff here . Night unlimited is 2am to 8am. You can avail that on 500 plan. 500+C plan allows you to download 2.5 gb with a monthly rental of 600rs. good thing is that you dont have to pay telephone connection extra in 500c or 500+c plan !!

Regards
appus

.btw does browsing the web count as downloads in this limited connections ? like home500 has 2.5gb download limit.
All ISP count browsing as Total transfer
Either you upload, download or even browse, it is calculated.
When you check your email, when u input username&password and click on go, that is also counted in uploads....

So it is not just downloading files.. it is browsing..

Happy Surfing

Regards
appus

scattyraj How do you schedule the computer to to start at 2:10am and stop downloading at 8:00am sharp...!!!

Hey team,

Here is the details:

1. I use BSNL Home Combo 500 Plan which has night time free download from 02.00 to 08.00 AM. (in this plan you can save Telephone Rent so that you can get link-removed if you like)
2. I use download manager software for schedule download. (free)
3. I am having link-removed account to support Resume download in Download manager. (Rs. 300)
4. I use resume support in windows (OS)
5. I Use task scheduler to turn on the computer automatically at 02.00 am.
6. I use auto shutdown software to turn off the computer automatically at 08.00 AM.

I use resume option in windows so that task scheduler can turn on the computer and login to your account automatically. (If you turn off the computer, task scheduler cannot turn on the computer) if you put the computer in resume mode, it will turn off the computer completely and start the computer as per the task scheduler request.

I utilize 2.5 GB free download in the day time to browse and schedule download in download manager (using link-removed account for link-removed links) so that it can start by 02.05 AM. (you have to configure schedule download in download manager at one time)

Make a check mark in "wake the computer to run the task" in task scheduler properties.

I turn on the modem before i go to sleep and put the computer in Resume mode so that i need not to wake up at 02.00AM and turn on the modem.
Note: do not disconnect the power supply to the computer.

You should use auto shutdown software to turn off the computer at 07.55am if you fail to turn off the modem or shutdown the computer. The background services will communicate with internet for some reason..
example: windows update, RSS feed and some network services. these services will slowly eat your 2.5 GB limit

I download Movies, Games, Songs, Softwares, OS and Study meterial (video). When you use download manager to download in Home 500 plan, it can download at 220 Kbps. which means, at full speed. (2MB Speed).

If you use link-removed account to download, you have thousands of websites. The search string (google.com) is: anything + link-removed.com.
Example: movies + link-removed.com, photoshop training + link-removed.com, new songs + link-removed.com, games + link-removed.com.

I hope this would answer to your question and a small tip to others. 🙂

Prasath S
Microsoft.

@prasathkumar 4. I use resume support in windows (OS)
5. I Use task scheduler to turn on the computer automatically at 02.00 am.
6. I use auto shutdown software to turn off the computer automatically at 08.00 AM.

How you do it ? that is exactly what @ob1jedi he wants.

@prasathkumar
How you do it ? that is exactly what @ob1jedi he wants.

1. Enable Hybernation
Click start>control panel>power options(Classic view). then, Click on Hybernate Tab and make a check mark on Enable Hybernation.
http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enablehybernationty9.jpg

Note: You should have some free space (Example: 512MB)

2. Refer this article for task schedule: KB308569.
Link: How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
Note: Open advance properties and make a check mark on "Wake the computer" (not sure exactly the name of the option - because using vista past 1 year..).

3. You can download Auto shutdown software from the following location: Auto Shutdown free download. Auto Shutdown is a free utility for automatically shutting down or logging off a computer. Automated shutdown/logoff is achieved in two ways: set the ...
Note: Search google for "Auto shutdown software" and download the one which meets your requirement.

4. Click start and click on Turn off computer. Hold the shift key.....Stand by option will turn to Hybernation and click on it.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hybernatetd4.jpg

I hope this will help you to start the computer automatically.

Thanks & Regards

S.Prasath
Microsoft