Ikea in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 42,255
So I bought a small wardrobe online.

It was shipped the same day from Pune and delivered the next day. It came in two boxes.

AX4xD3u.jpg

Assembled it today. Took around an hour. It was fun. The bundled booklet has simple step by step instructions.

ngWb5c9.jpg

khyokBs.jpg

The hanger thingy was bought separately from Amazon.

heh. if ikea was within walking distance from my home, i am going to go broke very fast.

Did any one try home delivery? When trying to check out its showing an error message saying "there is a high demand. Try tomorrow"

aren't they charging like 200 bucks for shipping as the minimum? also are they shipping everything in their catalogue to supported cities including bigger furniture items?

I see they have a different shipping charges based on KG . Up to 5kg 299 , 5-10 i think 499. I saw few Computer Chairs which were available in stock and added to cart . Based on the shipping charges, i am assuming they allow bigger furniture.
Could not proceed due to error.

I think terminology matters here. They are calling this a mall which is being opened by one of their subsidiary or something. They call IKEA branded outlets Store. This would probably not be exclusive to IKEA. They do mention office space in same building.

Ingka Centres, which has 47 malls, that itself calls "meeting places", anchored by IKEA stores across Europe, Russia and China and plans to enter North America and India, said the estimated investment for the project was around €400 million ($450 million) and that construction would start in early 2022.