Ikea Air Purifier Range (FÖRNUFTIG / VINDRIKTNING)

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

seems to be reasonably priced. but probably not designed to do heavy duty work. i think the prices for the purifier and the filter is lower than anything comparable in the market right now. and they also have a basic air quality sensor for just 999! now need to find a way to get it.

of course someone is selling it on Amazon for twice the price.

VINDRIKTNING Air quality sensor

So, saw a bunch of videos... FÖRNUFTIG seems to be pretty noisy at speeds 2 & 3. The air filter feels pretty thin compared to the competition. I am guessing they did not really care about markets like China or India with it. Europe air quality is generally better than what we have, so it might work well there. The stand is flimsy so it vibrates while the speeds are on 2 or 3 lol. Pretty annoying unless you hang it on a wall which seems to be supported. Nice design though.

UpRxPIt.webp

The air quality sensor seems like a decent purchase for the price. It does have a fan, which tends to result in better air quality reading.

1Tm9KQI.webp

Here are the color codes from the manual.

Green: 0-35 /Good + Low
Amber: 36-85/OK + Medium
Red: 86- /Not good + High

Mi air purifiers show green above 75. So again, this device seems to be designed for European air quality. It will probably stay on amber or red here in India most of the time lol.

Source

Source

Amazon has a listing for the purifier model at Rs. 1500 premium.

Here is a video of how unstable the stand is lol.

Source

Ikea has another model in other markets. A round design one that also has a variant as a table.

lDyZFis.webp
IVrpPgm.webp

Last edited:
Twice the price: does it exceed MRP?

it probably does as ikea does not seem to do what mi does where they have a much higher sticker price and then there is a regular sale price. i did recently buy ikea soap dispenser from Amazon which were again sold at twice the official ikea price. i did't check if they have mrp listed on the bottles. seller had removed the outer box from the package which probably had the mrp mentioned on it.

i imagine one can argue with amazon customer care if the package has mrp written on it clearly. i have gotten a refund in the past for the difference for a prime listing. not sure if they would do the same in this case. but worth trying perhaps?

currently trying to order the sensor through a friend who frequently visits the ikea store in his city and is willing to courier it to me. seems like a good cheap alternative to laser egg.

I mean it's illegal to sell things in India without MRP. So either way, one should contact Amazon and they should be obliged to refund.

Ah so it uses an infrared sensor. Won't be very accurate I guess. Should be fine to get an idea.

This can be reported! But they have cleverly showed as if it is not IKEA product.