IIM student Commits Suicide on BF dumping on FB

anant.del

Addicts
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
Check out 3 Idiots...u will get sm idea why ppl tend to commit suicide...why they take the extreme steps...Many of my batch mates have studied from IIT ..nd guess what I didnt't even get to know if they are still alive or not until they would call me back after months frm my last call or when I finally mange to meet them....as most of the time their cells would be switched off...nd pretty much cut frm the world...or maybe I just had " padaku " friends as they call them...Its wrong but everyone has his/her own limits ...I am not a suicide expert so I rest my case.

rajivkrishnan

Regular
Regulars
Nov 14, 2008
hey hey... the 3 idiots sequence was way too melodramatic. I hope you read thru this thread. I have graded(motored and generated) from an IIT myself dude. I have seen the internals there and that is precisely why I say you do not commit suicide when you are in such an advantageous position. and what kind of a loic could you have attributed when one says that a reason as simplistic as "My BF dumped me" was given. I can well hold the insti authorities and the cops responsible. But having said that any given reason will not substantiate suicide. If your family situation is bad, I guess you take this opportunity as a gift to lift your family up at least financially. Thats what a responsible son or daughter ought to do. and in a PG course, that is obviously what you have to be doing.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
hey..its not just dumping by her boyfriend that forced her to take this extreme step! A variety of factors may have influenced her ..as anant said...studies..pressure to get good marks...socializing..many reasons are there...GHOS...maybe she had just taken a min and called suicide helpline.... BTW dont know whether there are such helplines in india?

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
Well, I am just coming after hearing an embarrassing moment of a friends life.He proposed a girl in front of his office, she said No.This was the first time he ever proposed someone in his life.He drank FUEL for two days straight. He was moved.