IFB Not providing after sales service

• Thread starter Thread starter pranjal53
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,551
ISP
airtel
Hello
So I purchased my washing machine in Dec of 2020 and recently there was an issue regarding the spinning of the tub. Upon complaining, the IFB engineer requested that the machine should be picked up and sent to the okhla service center as it cannot be repaired here. I agreed and let them pick up my machine and that's when all the problems started.

Upon return no engineer came to install the machine, I had to make a complaint with IFB customer support. When the engineer did come he said the machine was completely fine and just went away without installing anything.
I started using the machine, and to my surprise they have changed the PCB. Now the run time of the machine is increased. Before at empty load the machine used to take 42 Min, but now takes 53 min and then randomly stops at 48 min mark. All the modes have a weird timing increase. Not only that, the auto sens Mode ( It basically detects the weight and decides how much water to be used) doesn't work correctly and at times the machine LED stays on even when the top of it is closed. Also the on/off sound has been changed.
Upon complaining to IFB, at first it took them a week to send someone, and even when they did, even on checking all the issues, they refused to accept that anything was wrong.
After some convincing they accepted and asked to lift the machine again via tempo. ( this was so weird) .
Even when just for a normal check which could be done at my place, they wanted to lift the washing machine again. But to my surprise they just closed the complaint and no one came to pick it up. I called and reopened the complaint but again no response.

I filed a complain on consumer grievance and then got a call the same day. An engineer visited two days post that and again at first he was like machine is completely okay, and after convincing him ( i dont know why I have to convince them ke kuch galat hai ) he said ke haan sir dikaat hai will file a report.
When the customer care person called, with the executive on phone and that engineer too, he lied lol, he said there is no problem with the machine and the executive is like if my engineer says nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong. Now they are closing any complaint I make on consumer grievance. I have even emailed vijay sales from where I purchased but even they are not helping.
Can anything be done? IFB is pathetic.

Edit: Consumer grievance suggested edaakhil for case filing, will that work?

Last edited:
Message me directly. Will provide you some contact numbers. They will help you out.
I have contact of head of IFB owned service center of Northern India. I have contact of India customer care head and email of the MD&CEO. Had a very rough experience with them very recently and had to push some buttons to get it resolved.

@mikrotik Those numbers were quite helpful!!
So basically I was tired by ifb service centres automatically closing any complaints that I was raising. So I called the number you gave and that too the head of customer service. Someone finally made a visit today and it was the same engineer who visited last time and wrote in his report that nothing is wrong. Now Today when he visited, I had my voice recorder on.
After a month of complaints, he finally accepted that the PCB of the machine has been changed without my knowledge. Even when last time I was told specifically that the PCB will never be changed as it is the most expensive part.

I called the manager of the north service centre and he was still in some denial that the PCB changed is an "upgrade", an upgrade which I never asked for. Called the head customer service and he assured me that by tomorrow it should be fixed.
This just shows how pathetic IFB customer service is, I mean it took them a month and ton of calls just to accept the fact that the PCB has been changed. They were not just ready to fix any issues.

Thats scary, Can you actually elaborate on your experience? Right now I am the one dealing with them, but I'll be leaving soon, just wanna make sure this doesn't happen again with the rest of my family members.