If you receive a phone call

GSV13

Special Member
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Just got a orkut msg

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that, that they're checking your mobile line, and you > have to press # 90 or #09 or any other number. End this call immediately without pressing any numbers. There is a fraud company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your "SIM" > card and make calls at your expense. Forward this message to as > many friends as you can, to stop it. This information has been confirmed > by both Motorola and Nokia. they may also ask abt ur cell and gprs services plz dnt go thru this(90,09 or gprs) for few days... other wise it will cost u a lot.There are over 3 Million mobile phones > being infected by this virus in all around the world now. You can also check this news on the CNN web site. >> PLEASE FORWARD THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
orkut gets lots of such junk. it used to be true once, that too only in usa, long back in history when mobile thing was new and proper standards were not set. not anymore. but in india mobile entry was late and advantage was that it was secure by then.

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
lol u even take the trouble to go through your messages on orkut?i get so much of rubbish stuff like that.

GSV13

Special Member
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
It came via email don't remember last time i logged to orkut!

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
yup u jus hv to a community and u'll get loads of spam everyday :)

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the funny thing is that i even got spam messages after leaving orkut. i guess coz the profile still stays connected to your gmail id.