If you play online games dont get excitel. Getting 5-20% packet loss.

Trust me, I have used excitel and now ffth, the only diff is speed for torrents or downloads (that also depends which servers you are connecting to down) , i.e 300mbps. Anyone who gives me same speed with like 100-150gb FUP but with most stable and the best pings, I will pay 1500 for it easily! or 30-50mbps with stable pings no fup, i will pay 1500 for it easily. Even BSNL which is in my HomeTown Jammu has speeds of 2mbps is far better than this crap, atleast it is stable.

found a workaround
download touchvpn from windows store and connect to india or singa server.
i did this and played 2-3 matches of rocket league and had 0% packet loss. ping was also normal. without VPN, i was getting 5-10% loss.

so maybe give this a try. may fix things for you guys

Hathway is same crap but not just higher latency it also has one more problem where your internet will randomly stop working for like 2min.
It may not sound much time but for any online game your chances of winning are finished.

found a workaround
download touchvpn from windows store and connect to india or singa server.
i did this and played 2-3 matches of rocket league and had 0% packet loss. ping was also normal. without VPN, i was getting 5-10% loss.

so maybe give this a try. may fix things for you guys

Did your overall ping increase or it kinda stayed the same?

Touchvpn seems to use DigitalOcean Bangalore servers, so if you are in Delhi you'll get 30-50ms added latency

Capture.png

I play diablo 3, my ping to 8.8.8.8 is stable 0 packets loss for most of the day, but it chokes in peak times, 9-11pm, I get 5-6 % packet loss on 8.8.8.8 in this time. Diablo 3 is also unplayable in this time, I think excitel has not scaled their network enough to handle the peak load.

Try using wtfast free version and check if it fixes your routing.
If it works for you then I will sell you its 6 month subscription for 50% off.

Thanks, but I don't want to pay money for playing games, I'm just a casual gamer, but the packet loss even to 8.8.8.8 in peak times bothers me. I have complained several times to excitel about this but they could not fix it, the cat5e (2 pair) wire that comes to my house is also almost 5 years old, could it be the cause of my packet loss in peak times ? Even right now (12:43PM) I have 4% packet loss.
gTzVL22.png

I am having a tough time getting through to the customer service in fixing the packet loss,

I have been reading on the internet that it's because of the DNS excitel uses (which I managed to change as hard as that was)
Others saying using VPN will fix losses in-game, but the losses are becoming steadily worse and worse

This is today's ping stats

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 119, Received = 86, Lost = 33 (27% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 136ms, Average = 8ms

WTF excitel? I don't consider this optimum for browsing let alone gaming. Is there any workaround where I don't have to bang my head against their tech-illiterate customer support?