If you play online games dont get excitel. Getting 5-20% packet loss.

webie

Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
same issue here. I have issues with FIFA 18. I use VOIP services too, same issue. Hathway is a bit better.

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
i am also thinking of getting another connection just for gaming. there is a local provider here that is giving 5Mbps for 200 rs. 5Mbps should be enough just for gaming.
excitel has been pretty bad in terms of packet loss this past week. i doubt even if we'll complaint, they'll do anything.
i did not play any games for 2 days now because of packet loss and frequent disconnection problem that i am facing at the moment.

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
@webie you have excitel fiber right? you are getting loss even on fiber??
if this is the case then it is alarming. you are not supposed to get any loss on fiber.
we should mass complaint and force excitel to change their fault equipments.
i used winMTR and saw that a few of their lan switches have a massive loss of 50-90%

webie

Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
Yup, on fiber. Not sure what fiber is supposed to do but my guess is, they just change wires so that in case if there is a breakage , they don't have to change the whole connection from pole or something. Backend internet/servers remain same. Here is ping loss. it's more than 20%. In Hathway ping loss is not there but pings can be 500+ sometimes on Google DNS. However I connect to Kansas city for FIFA, and it's so bad on both. Even my airtel/jio hospots are far better for that.

Reactions: JB700

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
played a match of rocket league, netgraph showed 0% loss.
played a match of bf4, in game net graph showed loss of 0-15% but i am pinging the server ip using winMTR and it is showing 0% loss.

on getting packet loss on fiber : after some point people dont care about speed. they want stability. if you're still getting packet loss on ftth then i think it defeats the whole purpose.
i was excited about excitel fiber but after reading that you are getting packet loss even on fiber, i am really disappointed and not excited anymore.

Reactions: rockstarrocks

webie

Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
Trust me, I have used excitel and now ffth, the only diff is speed for torrents or downloads (that also depends which servers you are connecting to down) , i.e 300mbps. Anyone who gives me same speed with like 100-150gb FUP but with most stable and the best pings, I will pay 1500 for it easily! or 30-50mbps with stable pings no fup, i will pay 1500 for it easily. Even BSNL which is in my hometown Jammu has speeds of 2mbps is far better than this crap, atleast it is stable.

Reactions: rockstarrocks

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
found a workaround
download touchvpn from windows store and connect to india or singa server.
i did this and played 2-3 matches of rocket league and had 0% packet loss. ping was also normal. without vpn, i was getting 5-10% loss.

so maybe give this a try. may fix things for you guys

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
Hathway is same crap but not just higher latency it also has one more problem where your internet will randomly stop working for like 2min.
It may not sound much time but for any online game your chances of winning are finished.

ashfame

May 7, 2019
found a workaround
download touchvpn from windows store and connect to india or singa server.
i did this and played 2-3 matches of rocket league and had 0% packet loss. ping was also normal. without vpn, i was getting 5-10% loss.

so maybe give this a try. may fix things for you guys
Did your overall ping increase or it kinda stayed the same?