• Thread starter Thread starter bsnluser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,449

bsnluser

Regular
ISP
UL900
Hello, The Microsoft update KB951748, released on July 8, may give problems if you are using a personal firewall, especially Zone Alarm. You may not be able to browse some sites, or you may get intermittent browsing only, yet ping command work okay. The solution for this problem is: 1. Uninstall the MS update KB951748. This will give web browsing back. 2. Upgrade your firewall. Zone Alarm should be upgraded to the most recent one, they have released an update. 3. Verify your web browsing works. 4. Then reinstall the update you removed in Step 1. 5. Verify all works well. I followed the above procedure on two XP Pro installations. Both had ZoneAlarm installed. The solution worked for both of them. By the way, ZoneAlarm is quite crappy when it comes to features and uninstallation. Upon removal, it leaves a horribly corrupted registry behind. Comodo firewall appears to be better then ZoneAlarm. ZA used to be good till a few years ago, not anymore 🙁 Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Well, I m not using zone alarm but users using it will find it useful.🙂

Hello, The Microsoft update KB951748, released on July 8, may give problems if you are using a personal firewall, especially Zone Alarm. You may not be able to browse some sites, or you may get intermittent browsing only, yet ping command work okay.

If you don't update ZoneAlarm after that patch u wont able to access any website. ZA release the fix of M$ created bug.
its the M$ which suks, ZA is as good as it was before, may be little bit blotted for handling current generation security threats.
Im loyal Subscriber of ZA for ages.

Use ESET smart security it has Antivirus, antispyware, a good firewall and antispam all packed in one and uses very low system resources. I have been using it for a long time and i have never had any problems:yahoo:

I ve Kaspersky AV and I'm getting this problem. When I disable Kaspersky every thing is working :wall:Lets see I ll try to remove today and will update.Thanx