If You Are In Need Of Television Which Brand Will You Buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter parth.paul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 10,326
I would invest my bucks in Sony.

Videocon is coming out with some good ones.

Plasma's are a dying breed. LCD tv's are in the ascendancy. Best one available right now in India is the Samsung Bordeaux; 42" one costs 1.5 lakhs. Sony LCD's are a distant second. Atleast that's what my eyes told me, while i was helping my uncle pick one last month.

Irrespective of the technology I think that still CRT's are very good option. Could you please tell me if go for Phillips then for which model should I go for, considering the sound (woofer like samsung soundmaster) and the picture quality?

If ur gonna get DTH anytime soon then go for a 29 incher. Anythin less will be a compromise. This is the one i've picked out for myself after a lot of research.

Philips 29PT2204/94R 29" Real Flat. You can find pics and detailed specs here. Market price should be lower than that mentioned on the site.

Weakest link in picture quality is going to be Cable/DTH. Both Sony and Philips are good and decent.Sony has broader support in terms of service centers etc, but costs more $$$. Sony also has better DSP chips.As far as sound is concerned, instead of spending money of a better sounding TV, connect your sound system to TV, you will get better results.