• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,420

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So now that I am being forced to use the new Gmail… there are two bugs that are pretty fucking annoying. I have reported the first one to Google and they suggest using another browser or using another device. Navjot has been able to replicate it on his end so the problem is definitely not my browser or some browser extension or my computer.

Bug #1: New Gmail makes it incredibly annoying to copy text in mail
This is an annoying bug as it happens randomly. Open an unread email in your inbox. Select some text inside the email. Around 80% of the times, Gmail would deselect the selected text or expand selection to elements around the text. Because of this bug… I now have to make selection twice around 80% of the times when I am trying to copy something from an email.

Bug #2: Gmail throws me back to page 1 of Inbox if I go back and forward in my inbox
This bug applies to Gmail accounts which have one of these two options enabled (Go to the next (newer) conversation/Go to the previous (older) conversation). My account is set to load the older email in conversation when I delete/archive mails through my inbox.
The bug is that while processing, if you press the back button (or J I assume) to go back to the previous mail. And then press forward button (or K I assume)… Gmail loses track of your position in your inbox. Next time you press J or K, Gmail throws you back to the page 1 of Inbox. This is especially annoying if you are going through mails on page N of your inbox.
In fact, I think Gmail lost track of where you are while you are processing your mails in your inbox if new mails come in the background. There have been times when it shows that I have gone through all the emails and when I turn to inbox, older mails are still there unread. Should mention here that I prefer to keep my Inbox empty so either I delete mails or I archive them. So this is also something that most people might not notice.

Would be cool if some of you guys can try replicating these issues and confirm!

Last edited:
hmm. looks like it is getting paid because too much work is required to keep it updated as gmail updates keep on breaking it every now and then.