IDFC FIRST Bank

Worked this morning...

So it seems they are introducing charges for debit cards.

And soon i guess for credit too.

Not a major issue. But this bank is very quickly changing policies is a little concerning.

Interest rate lowered.
Cc rewards diluted.
Fees for debit card.

This is happening since they introduced their HNI account variants seems they want everyone to move to their higher tier account variants

I have not received any direct email/sms from them about the charges or their new change in plans.

How can I make them understand i don't want their credit card.

Now they are also sending whatsapp through personal numbers showing laptop screen with my details in their lead gen software.

And taking pics of customers personal information with their private phone 😑

They won't stop because their job is on the line they need to finish their sales target so they keep sending cc,loan,insurance offers until they get a sale. Source: I worked at Axis bank as assistant manager even if I have operations duty I will get sales target or get fired

That's why I tell them politely to put me in DND or don't answer call.

For few months they stopped calling now again.

But 2+ calls daily along with sms, email, whatsapp. Then extra calls and messages from their personal numbers which are not marked spam.

They are just wasting their and my time with the same offer i don't want. There should be some better way to manage sales when customer has refused your offer several times. Atleast try a better or different offer.

Idfc is using Salesforce.com application for managing leads. Not taking random pics of customer personal information should be basic practice but 💁 . Funny thing is in screenshot i can see everything except the offer part properly it's too blurry, with whatsapp compression even more.

In screenshot it shows profit centre - new age entrepreneur. What does this mean and why did they put me into that category 🤔
I just transfer money from my main acc and then pay bills, UPI only.

bank wants to do rekyc 😒

Anyone else got this message? This is the first bank asking for rekyc with full offline form. I can only scan and email the form.

Atleast they could have made an online form for convenience.

Edit: for spamming this bank will call me every day but when I need support to call back they take forever. Idk what changed but i cannot connect to their helpline from Airtel. It's 1800 number is that free or paid from Airtel? Earlier it was free

Last edited:
I received the rekyc sms 5-6 months back. I emailed them the form, then they asked for pan and adhaar. and then they wanted all documents together under 4mb. Only to revert that details are not clearly visible.

So I just ignored it. My account is still active.

Their email support is very poor from my experience.

And my pan card pic is kinda blurry, it's old and scanned photo became too white. So that creates problems with vkyc when opening account. i am guessing again that will be the problem if i email them.

Will check once with nearby branch it has horrible reviews and my account is not with them.

Seems all their staff is busy spam calling. Still didn't received any call back from them.

This bank only has modern netbanking UI. UPI goes down every evening during busy hours so cannot say their tech is good.

Their staff is filled with complete idiots literally dumb people. I emailed the kyc form and self attested id as stated on their website (KYC Updation) and email but now they are replying to fill the same thing along with another declaration form which shows not found on their website.

The best part is they have closed the service request as solved without doing anything and nothing about why they cannot process the application. Helpline number is 1860 now which I cannot connect from airtel with recharging extra.

I think I will just keep minimum 10k and stop using this account if they cannot solve this.

edit: i asked about this to a branch guy who was calling for credit card he doesn't know anything about this process, was asking if I don't do transactions regularly. I said I use it daily for upi and well he doesn't know anything about this.

Last edited:
what is the process of re-kyc from this link? is it online?

it's really frustrating to deal with this bank they never know how to do anything properly.

Update:
So I got a call after pinging then on twitter again. So this lady tried to help but unfortunately she doesn't know how it works and was reading me their previous email reply 😑

1. She cannot open the attachment form I have sent.
2. Cannot see my replies to their email.
3. Cannot email the form directly which was not opening for me. Apparently it only works if you manually copy paste the URL. Their link tracker adds extra parameters to url and it doesn't work. Difficult to notice, well she could not tell.

I yelled a bit when she kept repeating the same thing and cannot check the kyc update process on their website or tell me the kyc update process. Everything is mysterious no one knows who knows the process, it's some mysterious team we cannot connect directly.

Yeah it was a long call and only conclusion is to try again with aadhaar declaration form 🥲

I don't blame her if she doesn't have access to anything useful.

Apologized for yelling and bye bye.

Last edited: