IDFC FIRST Bank

Buttons worked at my end.

probably because of screen resolution. yes bank website was same. used to behave weirdly on weird browser window size.

Quick question: Isn't having an FD at a reputable and trustable bank that credits the interest monthly, quarterly or annually better than opening a savings account in this bank?

HDFC and Axis do offer sweep in facility to quickly break an FD in case of emergencies.

After this mastercard fiasco, yes bank will be in even more trouble. All of their cards we on MC network.

@Samuel initially IDFC was offering 6-7% return and still now for very short term I think just keeping it in bank makes sense. With sweep in you will lose interest, I hope there is no extra service fees.

i mean i walk in front of the local idfc bank branch 2-3 times a day. i still haven't gotten myself to go there to close my account.
if i move the 25K stuck in it to indusind, i would get 1% extra interest. it's not much but it's something lol.

having this is also not bad either. not that my parents would know about it in case i die in an accidentally tomorrow.

c6GjCqt.webp

hmm. idfc debit card should also be a safe choice for paying for fuel.

Fuel Surcharge Waiver
With your IDFC FIRST Bank Visa Signature Debit Card, you can skip the 2.5% fuel surcharge on your fuel bills across petrol pumps in India.

well they won't come to your house with a cheque.

there is a guy who runs a website highlighting these usually hidden benefits of debit and credit cards. advising you which card to get based on what kind of insurance you can benefit from. would have to locate it. i think i even started a thread about it here.

i believe every rupay card has an insurance of a lakh rupees. and he has helped people be aware of what they have and they have managed to encash these benefits after death of a family member who held an account.

This is the reddit thread I read about it.

Discover hidden insurance cover on your bank card : india

For some reason most of the content is gone.

He/They seem to have evolved a lot since then it seems.

Looks like they have locked all the data behind their account. Back then I was just able to search as a guest.

I once checked terms of these type of insurance usually there are conditions about using the card once a month or for certain amount. For air accident you should have used the same card for booking.

Like all/most bank card has insurance for fraud/lost card but still they don't compensate you easily so incase of other insurance for which amount is high would they really care? I am sure even most banking staff won't be well aware of the claim process.

This is why it is a good idea to know about this. From what I remember reading, a lot of poor people really benefited by getting a few lakhs from the bank for just having a rupay debit card.