IDFC FIRST Bank

heh reminds me of the time when local icici branch was not giving me a passbook coz of 'shortage'. so i just sent a complaint to icici saying why send messages to consumers to get their passbooks from the local branch when they do not provide them with enough blank copies. that message turned into a shitshow at the local branch. i got calls from the manager and multiple employees asking me to collect the passbook on priority. it's crazy tbh...

Reactions: Smh
From what I can understand it seems branch will update mobile number and tick all options for sms, probably no option for enabling or disabling sms. I guess spamming will increase.

Cannot find any missed call or spam blocked from idfc. If I had branch number I could have saved it in contacts to whitelist.

This is stupid and making people work on Sunday with crazy targets. 🙁

I personally prefer to get reply via email if I have sent an email, getting calls for updates causes issues. No chance of missing calls and giving false info.

edit: if the customer support would have told why previous ticket was closed and simply created a new one that would have made things easy. But they had no clue about the process or status of previous tickets.

Last edited:
so I was hoping this would get resolved today, kept my mobile on ring mode to not miss his call. Finally after 2pm decided to call and check wtf happened now.

Turns out this guy is working alone at branch like whatt and he is superbusy but could talk to me for 6 mins chilling like I am his friend. Dude even referred to me as "bhai" so I thought to talk in English may be Hindi is too comfortable for him but he continued in Hindi.

I very clearly asked what you want me to do, I cannot be always alert to not miss any call and what is so complicated in enabling sms. He started blah blah backend technical team ye vo, shayad signature chahiye shayad nhi kuch pta nhi, fursat se karunga. Now I am sure he lied earlier about calling me.

And the reason for calling yesterday on a Sunday so promptly was because he thought I cannot do transactions. I wrote so clearly in email to enable sms. Email subject and their own ticket system shows enable sms registration but this guy is not able to comprehend it.

I really felt like yelling at him na ho payega tumse rehne do tum. Yesterday I told him to ping me on whatsapp if call is so urgent or simply ask me now what you want to know, he was telling me about rules for personal communication and today he is saying he will msg on whatsapp.

Being incompetent is one thing but this is just dumb and unprofessional. They are behaving like a budget startup. No way to contact branch on phone, only way is calling on their personal number.

Most irritating thing is this bank won't provide proper support over email for everything they want to call you without reading email so be prepared to keep repeating the same thing. HDFC, ICICI have problems but atleast they won't call you for everything if you email them or if you miss any call close your ticket.

can't say. i just filled up the form on their website back then and i got a rejection message.

Cp3J10K.webp

not to mention i am on their dnc list for a few days now.

5zP79yy.webp

not sure if this is applicable instantly.

the current messages might mean that i am pre-approved.

ti3OJP1.webp

i am pretty happy with digismart/Amazon card combo right now. i have so many points wasted on my previous cards because the reward program had useless products available. so not going to deal with idfc even if their rewards program is superior to amazon for offline purchases.

lol closing this account will be another challenge. Share your experience if you decide to do it.

Never thought getting sms will be this hard.

Closing is simple from my understanding. The form is available on their website. Simple form. Just need to deposit at local branch.

Reactions: Smh
So after 2 working days no update on email as per bank's own policy and branch guy promised to do it on next working day i.e. Monday.

I am in no hurry but this is the kind of shit you may have to deal with if there is any serious issue.

so today after submitting an written application I think they have enabled sms alerts. But I did not got any confirmation like last time and still no update on email ticket.

Did some test transactions got sms for that. Though this time no email alerts hope they didn't messed that up or its designed like that 😒

they replied on email after 4 days to tell they need more 5 days to update me.

And every time they create a new ticket when email was already assigned a open ticket no. what was the need to create another ticket. Even yesterday the branch guy or backend team created a new ticket. Another was created when I called them for this issue. 2 more were created earlier when they closed tickets without fixing it.

There create so many tickets and then no one has any idea about the progress. Replied to their email to close all tickets.