IDFC FIRST Bank

indusind guy called me recently. asked me about my mediclaim policy. told him that i had one already. surprisingly, he suggested to get a super topup on that policy even though i have that policy through another company. sent me details. called me again to see if i was interested. no clue how he could have boosted my existing policy with this super topup at his end. but he did not really argue when i told him that things are weird. even if i get the topup, it does not really help me right now plus my finances are all over the place with covid related fears. i understand the pressure on sales people. he even agreed when i told him that hospitals are practically useless these days because there are no beds (this was during the peak few days ago). but the call from idfc today was just baffling. you are practically driving customers away.

i mean idfc is offering barely 4% interest. why would i keep funds with them. upi limits of 25000 does not help. opening a brand new branch during a pandemic and then reducing interest by almost half and expecting people to be interested in banking with them? this is crazy level of confidence.

First they rejected my card request. Now they spam me daily.

GGo7BRy.webp

Can't pay. Can't check balance. Can't reset UPI pin. Lol. Now it tells me to wait for 24 hours.

god. they continue to send me daily sms for their credit card. i finally ended up calling their customer care who said that they would enable dnc on my account. it was done yesterday. and just now got the sms again. would wait for a few days and if it keeps on coming, would finally shut down my account. this is stupid behavior.

What if they continue to spam you after account closure? 🤪

then i would have a valid complaint on 1909. right now they are rejecting these as service text lol.

also the problem is that these texts are coming from the regular channel where i get otps and other transaction alerts.

sure sms organizer is able to categorize them separately. but promo messages should come from separate ids. this would not be bothering me if i was not torturing myself with google messages waiting for their labels to arrive lol. but yeah, i like to get these issues sorted at the source.

i have also been sending a lot of reports to abuse mail ids these days for spam emails... maybe i have just too much free time. 👀

this bank is crazy.

Since I opened account (5-6months ago) I am not getting sms for transactions like transfer, debit card. I was not doing much transactions with this account anyway so ignored this could be some technical issue.

There is no issue with getting their promo credit card, awareness, otp sms. For some neft transaction also I got sms earlier didn't paid much attention earlier. UPI transaction sms is again random.

So finally last week I registered a complaint on helpline, after a week got a call that sms service is not enabled and only branch can do it. A new ticket was assigned to branch, after 3 days yesterday branch closed that ticket. Did some upi and neft test transaction. Again same issue no sms for all transaction, got upi debit sms but no credit, nothing for neft.
Now the stupid neft also got stuck and was settled today. Called them at night to know what happened with neft I guess the agent lied about some issue with rbi neft settlement. As far as I know neft works 24x7 now and max it takes 1 hr. IDFC agent today said it works between working hours after that it is delayed. So my main issue was sms decided to wait for neft amount to settle hoping may be then i will get sms. Email alerts are sent within 30 mins.

Today did a debit card txn now again no sms customer care is again telling sms is still not enabled and I have to visit branch to get this sorted. idk wtf they did in last 15 days when I complained about the same thing and they closed that ticket. My mobile number is already registered and I am getting otp n all promo sms but for transaction sms I have to go to the branch, it's not like I am changing or registering a new number. This sms thing should be already enabled by default but they are blaming it on me that I must have not opted for it. From what I remember I didn't opted to get spam about insurance which I still get. This is a serious security issue for me.

There is no contact information provided for direct branch, only call back can be arranged.

Crazy people they would visit home for new account and the whole process is supposed to be done from app/website. But don't care about retaining customer or atleast the central customer care is like that. And all this when I am maintaining few lakhs MAB with them.

If the branch can sort it on phone/email that will be good else would maintain minimum balance and will close the account next time I have to visit that area for some other work.

Last edited:
@Smh if you want to continue with the account, send a mail to the ombudsman. Otherwise, transfer all balance, close the account and have peace of mind

And all this when I am maintaining few lakhs MAB with them.
i am confused about this. isn't mab requirement 25K on the premium savings account? their interest rates are not even the best in the market today iirc. so why keep a high balance with them! best to put it in fd.

i am currently keeping just above 25K in my idfc account currently while i decide what to do with this account. i do like their website and mobile app which is much cleaner than other accounts i have. i would really love to continue using them but my experience with their banking staff has been less than ideal. plus the 25K limit on individual upi transaction doesn't help.

Last edited:
I liked they have a useable app and a reachable customer care on call wait time is never more than a minute. Some minor tech improvements like when adding a beneficiary you have to enter acc no and it shows name of account holder like UPI without any IFSC.

Mainly I wanted to keep some emergency/short term goal funds in this bank acc which could provide slightly better interest rate. And became lazy to find a different solution after they reduced interest.

@pachabhut I will email to branch about this once and see if they can solve it. Ombudsman can fix this but seems like too much effort for a simple issue and don't think I should continue if bank has absurd policy like this. Its's not like they have bank branches everywhere.

Ideally sms alert service should be available in app and website. Since there is no extra charge for it no reason to disable it. I think this is some technical issue which they are not accepting.

Another weird thing is customer care says there is no home branch concept, any branch can enable sms service but not from helpline.

Last night when I called support guy was shamelessly selling me insurance without solving my main issue that was annoying.

Got a call right now (personal number) from branch because of direct email to them. They are working even on Sunday 🙁 from home. Branch is closed, this guy I guess was responsible for closing ticket yesterday from Branch. He said my number was not reachable so he closed my ticket, not sure if this is true because I did not see any missed calls.

He sounded a bit scared and was telling me to contact him for doing any transaction. Again I was explaining bhai simple sms nhi aa rhe aur kuch problem nhi hai. This is a simple issue of enabling sms service but now they are treating it as a big issue requiring signature and shit.

I don't want to put anyone into trouble but what can I do these people cannot do a simple thing.