IDFC FIRST Bank

Even FD's dont fetch 6% return nowdays.

6-6.5% is still widely available for 3 year long deposits. 7+ is available for senior citizens.

Reactions: AAK
icici Amazon guys called me earlier today. didn't mention it return this time around. just kyc document including aadhaar (💩). if i manage to get that card, i am settled for now. digismart for Grofers and myntra. amazon for rest. idfc does have lower charges for international transactions which helps with domain/server costs but it's not that much to keep an extra card. though i imagine the card they would have offered me didn't have the lower transaction charges on international transactions. didn't bother to ask. it's not that the offer would disappear just because i said now lol.

Idk if this is a glitch or some offer was there.

I used IDFC debit card in April for bigbasket. Used 10%off code and the amount was deducted from bill before payment. So I got the 10%off instantly.

Now on 15 may I got 10% cashback in my bank acc for same transaction. That was the only transaction I did.

So for ₹2000 order. I got ₹200+₹180.

Again used idfc card for bigbasket order let's see if I get extra 10%cb next month.

local branch guy calls me up. i was sleeping so the call was already annoying. asks me if i can move some funds to my idfc account. month end and all that. i replied in courtesy that i would see what i can do. that was not enough. he then started asking me if it would be possible to move 4-5L in the account by the end of the day. that was it. cut the call. blocked his number. and moved all spare funds away from idfc to indus and again wondering why i haven't shut down this account yet.

Last edited:
I also got a call in March it was the same guy who collected my kyc doc from branch. Move some funds sir year ending hai pressure hai, aapko interest jada milega. I said okay I will do it later. That was it.

Their insurance call was annoying though it was a cheap shit group policy which barely covered anything. The lady kept telling me get it for your parents ye vo blah blah. I asked for policy docs on email and when I checked there were so many terms which won't allow you to claim anything.

Another call was when I checked their term insurance plan email offer. Lol they track if you click on emails and call you. The guy was polite though unlike the insurance lady who won't take no for an answer.