IDFC FIRST Bank

I am moving all my money to India post savings bank. got the facility to create and close fd online using internet banking. 5 year TD gives 6.7% and can transfer funds using the IPPB account. No need to keep money in banks now.

Lol they reduced interest rates within a month 😑

Fuckers could have at least offered 6.5 percent on FD but that's down to 5.75 now. What a waste. Still better than other banks though.

is kbc finished kya? idfc was one of the main sponsors and i guess they were promoting 7% interest on savings account during that period. to lure in customers. would visit the local branch tomorrow and well, lol what can i do. they are in the worst position. outlet is barely 1.5 months old. they got all their customers based on 7% interest. now they would be facing the same customers.

6% is definitely not bad for any balance. i don't think any of the major banks is offering 6% on <1L balance. but still a massive shame.

Last edited:
And yup. KBC season ended on 22nd. Would close my account if they drop the interest any further.

who the fuck cares. with a bank that cannot write description of a cheque properly... it makes absolutely no sense to stay with it. 2% interest difference compared to indusind was interesting. 1% is not. @dj2006 is kind of right. it makes more sense to put in spare funds that you do not want to invest elsewhere, in a post office long term fd. at least post office would not shut down like pmc. though under this government, one cannot be sure about that. would dump my extra funds into ppf account today.

not even sure how elderly people relying on fd interest for their living expenses are doing these days.

Last edited:
lol. just got my monthly statement from idfc. and surely enough, subhash mittal appears in its full glory.

it's even more crazy because when i manually download the statement using their website or app, it has my name correct. this is the level of crazy with this bank.

another thing worth nothing here. the monthly statement received through email has a gray background. which is kind of crazy if you are going to take prints out on an inkjet printer. not to mention photos of amitabh bachchan, dark red colored bars everywhere. thankfully the downloadable version is cleaner.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Smh
I made the mistake of opening an account with this bank as wanted to avoid debt funds.

These people cannot complete the kyc even after 15 days for various new issue everyday. And the ticket system is stupid everytime you email or call it creates a new ticket. So you cannot ask for an update for old ticket or provide more information.

The only good thing there is no waiting time for call which is really surprising as other banks make it super hard to reach any human.

I got frustrated and asked them to close the account. If they don't complete kyc by tomorrow I will pay extra to get rid of this account.

Itne gadhe aur andhe kaise ho sakte hain.

In person verification was done few days ago, I only got notification about application submitted no confirmation about the completion.

I didn't like they collected signature on blank form but hmm I wanted to get done with the process. And they had dozen other blank kyc/account upgrade forms.

Compared to hdfc app IDFC bank app looks amazing. You can actually do something with the app. Hdfc app is literally web view of their desktop site, completely useless it's better to just login to NetBanking on chrome.